Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    1,439 Global Posts
    Hey There,

I had to exchange my Lumia for a new one. Luckily all of my photos were backed up to SkyDrive so they are all in the album. The issue I have is that the 'pictures' tile only shows the camera roll (and screen shots which is bizarre...). I've pinned the SkyDrive album to my start screen but it is static, it doesn't rotate photos like the pictures tile does. Is there anyway to change that, or to have the pictures tile rotate all albums?

Thanks!
    ----
    My Device History circa 2007:

Nokia 1020 > Nokia 920 > Nokia 900 > HTC Titan > HP Pre 3 > HP Veer > Palm Pre 2 > HTC Evo > Palm Pre > iPhone 3G > iPhone

Haven't been able to get it to rotate all the photos but if you mark any photos as favourites it rotates the favourites instead.
    I noticed also that only photos marked as favorits rotate on the start screen. Favorite photo are always saved on your phone. When you pin a Skydrive album or a Facebook album rotating isn't possible.
    So I don't know what the meaning is of pinning an online photo album when it doesn't rotate... Only to have quick access from the start screen?

Are the other photo apps that rotate online photo albums on the start screen?
    Hey,

Any input on this thread. I also have the same doubt. Is there anyway to rotate pictures or is it there only for easy access.

Regards,
    Nikhil
    Hey,

Any input on this thread. I also have the same doubt. Is there anyway to rotate pictures or is it there only for easy access.

Regards,
    Nikhil

Global Posts
    1,439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nikhilagarwal912 View Post
    Hey,

Regards,
    Nikhil
    I just had to exchange my 920 and am now back in the same predicament where the camera roll only has the stock photos that rotate. I know that problem will go away after I take pictures, but it is also a hassle waiting for my large 'original camera roll' album to load from skydrive (600 photos highest quality). I'm going to see if I can use the PC software to reverse the photos from my Skydrive into the new camera roll. I'll update with results.
    ----

Nokia 1020 > Nokia 920 > Nokia 900 > HTC Titan > HP Pre 3 > HP Veer > Palm Pre 2 > HTC Evo > Palm Pre > iPhone 3G > iPhone

Global Posts
    1,439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I just had to exchange my 920 and am now back in the same predicament where the camera roll only has the stock photos that rotate. I know that problem will go away after I take pictures, but it is also a hassle waiting for my large 'original camera roll' album to load from skydrive (600 photos highest quality). I'm going to see if I can use the PC software to reverse the photos from my Skydrive into the new camera roll. I'll update with results.
    Ok, it worked! I used drag and drop to move the pictures that were in my SkyDrive 'camera roll' folder onto my 920 in the camera roll folder. Everything transferred and now the photos rotate on the start screen. I took an additional picture and checked the 'uploads waiting' and it is only waiting to upload the new photo as opposed to re-uploading all the other photos!
    ----