Why won't MS Support Windows Phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
They just announced full house poker pro, but only for windows 8 and XBLA? MS Made such a big deal about the ease of porting an app/game from WP to W8 to Xbox. MS decides to not to do this anyway. Funny thing is, Windows Phones are selling better then Windows 8/Surface is right now, so the only explanation for this is that MS's divisions need to start working together more. Windows Phone is getting more support from 3rd party devs (Gameloft, Disney, Cut The Rope, Rovio, etc) then the amount of support MS is giving it's own platform. This problem doesn't exist on other platforms such as iOS and Android.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Rome wasn't built in a day. Give it time. Technically the OS is still in diapers and messing itself daily, most three month olds do. MS will get things going just be patient. Programmers have to sleep at least once a week.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Where exactly do you go for help on Android? XDA? That's a community not unlike this one, just full of condescending A-Holes. Apple is really the only OEM that supports its products because they manufacture their own phones as well. RIM is another but they have bigger fish to fry.

chrgeorgeson

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
In the first few days of Windows 8 launching in October they sold 4 million copies.
By the beginning of January they had sold 60 million copies, similar growth to Windows 7. While overall sales and adoption of Windows 8 is down it still sells much, much, much, better then Windows Phone 8. In addition to this Surface RT has presumably sold about 1 million units since it's release.... it's fair to say that WP8 is out selling Surface RT.
By the end of this year hundreds of millions of Windows 8 licenses will be sold.

Bilal_Fakih

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
In the first few days of Windows 8 launching in October they sold 4 million copies.
By the beginning of January they had sold 60 million copies, similar growth to Windows 7. While overall sales and adoption of Windows 8 is down it still sells much, much, much, better then Windows Phone 8. In addition to this Surface RT has presumably sold about 1 million units since it's release.... it's fair to say that WP8 is out selling Surface RT.
By the end of this year hundreds of millions of Windows 8 licenses will be sold.

True, i have read the same numbers! Windows 8 is doing well, yeah it needs to update to fix some issues but for me at least its good and does the job well!

UnfixedPyle

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ad duplex put out figures that had the Surface RT at 7.6% of Win 8/RT market share. If that is true the experts who estimate 1 million Surfaces sold are way off.... More like 4.6 million
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Ad duplex put out figures that had the Surface RT at 7.6% of Win 8/RT market share. If that is true the experts who estimate 1 million Surfaces sold are way off.... More like 4.6 million
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Ugh, how many times does it have to be said? Microsoft selling 60 million licenses does not mean it's sold 60 million computers. OEMs are required to buy their licenses in advance, instead of just-in-time (as needed), so Microsoft could have sold 60 million licenses, but OEMS could have only sold 10 million Windows 8 devices.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, WP8 is entirely new, or else they could have added new features instead of using the time to make an exact copy of WP7!

...please don't hit me guys :winktongue:

They started making WP8 BEFORE they launched WP7. So if those 2 years has produced this incomplete mess, then like JaxState said - ruffle his feathers and mine too.

New OS is the lamest excuse for WP8. I did that with WP7 and defended every thing wrong in this world. Not any more. This isn't new. We have incompetent development team and lets just accept it. They are terrible with implementing features, pushing updates and fixing bugs.

With WP7 Microsoft splashed money to advertise it because they wanted Metro UI to be a bit familiar and not totally alien. Now all the adverts are Windows 8, and WP8 is marketing is left to OEMs. Microsoft seems to believe that if ecosystem idea can grip on public heads, than WP8 will automatically drag along. That is fair as a business policy. Emotionally, I am not ok with this. But this ain't a love story.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
They started making WP8 BEFORE they launched WP7. So if those 2 years has produced this incomplete mess, then like JaxState said - ruffle his feathers and mine too.

New OS is the lamest excuse for WP8. I did that with WP7 and defended every thing wrong in this world. Not any more. This isn't new. We have incompetent development team and lets just accept it. They are terrible with implementing features, pushing updates and fixing bugs.

With WP7 Microsoft splashed money to advertise it because they wanted Metro UI to be a bit familiar and not totally alien. Now all the adverts are Windows 8, and WP8 is marketing is left to OEMs. Microsoft seems to believe that if ecosystem idea can grip on public heads, than WP8 will automatically drag along. That is fair as a business policy. Emotionally, I am not ok with this. But this ain't a love story.

Alright. Good. Stop defending Windows Phone. If you don't like a product, you certainly don't have to support it, let alone defend it. That's the beauty of being a consumer - you can change your choice at any time. But honestly, stop acting like a bloody martyr - Microsoft is a corporation - not your brother. You don't owe them your loyalty, love or respect - save that for your family and loved ones.

Last edited:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Alright. Good. Stop defending Windows Phone. If you don't like a product, you certainly don't have to support it, let alone defend it. That's the beauty of being a consumer - you can change your choice at any time. But honestly, stop acting like a bloody martyr - Microsoft is a corporation - not your brother. You don't owe them your loyalty, love or respect - save that for your family and loved ones.

Yes, that is called product loyalty and brand loyalty. The same way people prefer a certain type of underwear brand over the others. This isn't called being a bloody martyr but this is called not getting the value for money. When I said emotionally I am not OK, it is of course as a consumer, I am frustrated with owning a product that cannot make me a ham sandwich for lunch. This falls somewhere in the marketing codes of ethics, even for a corporate giant. No, I won't change whenever I want because I have a choice, however, if I do not get what I paid for, I will happily convey that. On the other hand, when I do get what I pay for, I will compliment that more than you would want me to compliment my loved ones. This is being a good customer too. Customer service does work both ways at the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb