whatsapp, ebuddy, kik, etc battery issues

Thigis

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok so Whatsapp drains the battery enormously fast on my lumia 920 as in 25-35% per hour. To me this is unacceptable so I'm looking for a replacement. I noticed ebuddy xms also drains the battery rather quickly. So has anybody found a messaging app that doesn't turn my phone into a hand warmer?

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Try kik or one of many text apps. Whatsapp is using the audio background agent to be able to send push notifications so that's why battery is draining

UnfixedPyle

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I notice a drain with kik, but not nearly as much as whatsapp. I wish they would just build a more cross platform chat into the messaging hub, which I guess messenger merging with Skype will do.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Thigis

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Just an update here, have tried kik which indeed had a lower battery drain. Judging from http://mashable.com/2012/11/20/living-with-lumia-day-4-5-6/ though the high battery issue could pop up in social application, with the recommended 'fix' being to reinstall.

So after re-installing whatsapp it now has a similar battery drain as kik. around 15% per hour, which is acceptable. That said i found that kik delivers messages more rapidly so might just switch to that platform anyway :)

ChazTyldsley

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Kik has been working fine for me since I got it.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

The livetile on Kik is useless. Worked for a couple of hours after I got my phone on Sunday now it just never updates. Reinstalled and rebooted my phone and it worked for 1 message then broke again. Having a livetile which doesn't work makes it almost useless - if I walk out the room and miss the toast notification I'd have absolutely no idea that I had a message. Seems this is a common issue and after researching it there's no fix other than Kik updating it and sorting it out.

WP8 here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes