Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi all,

If I eventually receive the much-mooted Portico update, then I was to reset my phone (via settings>about>reset your phone), would the phone OS return to its pre or post Portico update state? I guess what I'm asking is, do OS updates get written to where the OS resides, in ROM or similar, or are they just a volatile patch which would be lost with a phone reset? Just curious. Anyone know? Thanks.

Regards.
  2. GT2010PassportVersion
    If I'm right the default software will be upgraded to portico it wouldn't make much sense not to imagine if there were 10 updates if you ressetted your phone it would take forever

Microsoft would not have been so stupid and as I recall everyone else follows this same protocol

So if I'm right you can do your reset without the need of updating again :)
  3. GT2010PassportVersion
    BTW I could be wrong but as I said I don't think they would have made use of such a system

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    It stays @ portico after a reset.

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    yes, I upgraded to Portico on my 8x, reset my phone about a month later. after reset and checked for a software update it says your phone is up to date. so I guess once you've updated it's there automatically thereafter.

Thanks everyone. That's what I'd hoped for, and it seems sensible. As you say, get 10 updates, reset your phone, then have to go through the whole 10 updates again, well you'd probably top yourself before you got there. Thanks again.
  7. GT2010PassportVersion
    Glad we could help :)