Training for Windows 8 Phones

hink3000

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm the IT director of a small to medium size company and I manage about 60 mobile phones in our company. 95% of our phones are currently BBs since my predecessor installed a BES server several years back. But I'm migrating everyone to Windows phones via T-Mobile as their upgrades come available. I'd like to be able to do training classes on the new phones, demonstrating to a group via my phone's screen but I can't figure out how I going to do that. Do you know of a way to connect the phone to the computer to show my screen live or directly to a projector?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

bradbamford

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
You could install the emulator, unlock it to open up the rest of the OS. That's not ideal,but it might work for you, or you could just mount a camera above your surface to show what your doing.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Not sure you can do it in real time, but you can take screenshots (power + windows button). That could help you to put together a presentation.

There is also a Nokia app that lets you send photos to a browser. Although I reckon a nice Powerpoint presentation would suffice.

Failing that, make a video and YouTube it, they can learn from home too! Or even use the MS Movie Maker thing to put something together.

These are only very basic ideas, and I am quite sure you have access to some perhaps more suitable programs.

Last edited:

hink3000

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Probably a video camera is the best option. I want the users to be able to use their phones as I am and ask questions as they're learning.

Kuldeep2104

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm the IT director of a small to medium size company and I manage about 60 mobile phones in our company. 95% of our phones are currently BBs since my predecessor installed a BES server several years back. But I'm migrating everyone to Windows phones via T-Mobile as their upgrades come available. I'd like to be able to do training classes on the new phones, demonstrating to a group via my phone's screen but I can't figure out how I going to do that. Do you know of a way to connect the phone to the computer to show my screen live or directly to a projector?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

There's an app called PhotoBeamer available on Nokia devices through which you can share your screen. I'm not sure if it works with multiple devices. Give it a try if you're using Nokia's WP.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro