Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ballanda

I'm a new user to WP8 but had a question about the outlook.com sync with the phone. Are the two supposed to match up? I get new email alerts on my phone and can read the emails but when I log into outlook.com and delete emails and then sync up the phone the deleted emails are still on it. Am I supposed to delete the emails from both outlook.com and off my phone or should it sync up so that when I delete from outlook.com it will delete from the phone on next sync?
    Developer

This is a strange behavior: if I delete an email from outlook.com it will be deleted on my wp also (and viceversa)... How have you configured your outlook account on your phone?
    English is not my mother tongue, so I may have some issues on grammar or spelling or some other stuff. If you notice any mistakes, feel free to correct me!

I have the same issue. In fact, I had the issue when my old Gmail account was synced to my WP7 (and the first few weeks owning a WP8).

Quote Originally Posted by heijenoort View Post
    This is a strange behavior: if I delete an email from outlook.com it will be deleted on my wp also (and viceversa)... How have you configured your outlook account on your phone?
    Standard configuration I guess. When I got the phone I just put in my outlook.com email address and that was it. I haven't gone into any settings or anything. Is there a setting I could change?

It should delete on the next sync. What sync settings (frequency, etc) do you have configured?

Global Posts
    32,438 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Did you set it up as Exchange ActiveSync on your WP8 device?

Not to alter the topic much, but I've had my Outlook.com account pull in all of my text messages before. If I refresh they disappear. This happened twice where the 2nd time I was able to screenshot it. I'm sure this isn't supposed to happen; quite a bug.

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hitchhiker90 View Post
    I'm a new user to WP8 but had a question about the outlook.com sync with the phone. Are the two supposed to match up? I get new email alerts on my phone and can read the emails but when I log into outlook.com and delete emails and then sync up the phone the deleted emails are still on it. Am I supposed to delete the emails from both outlook.com and off my phone or should it sync up so that when I delete from outlook.com it will delete from the phone on next sync?
    You don't need to do both. You can delete from either phone or outlook.com and they will sync. But your phone will be based on your sync frequency setting. If your phone is set to sync every 1 hour, then obviously you have to wait an hour for things to "catch up." You can set your phone to "as items arrive" in which case it should update within a few seconds (note that this drains your battery a bit faster).
  9. F2a

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    This happens to me as well on my Lumia 920 with outlook.com email. I delete the emails on the web and they stay in my inbox on my phone no matter how many times I sync. Anyone figure it out?

Its by design. Deleted emails don't sync until the next time you receive a new email. It is intended to save battery. If it bothers you, then hit the SYNC button after deleting items on your phone.

It's not much trouble once you understand how it works. I just wish they explained it better. It's confusing.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
  11. F2a

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I do hit the sync button...

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    It takes time to synchronize throughout the MS backend. Your details are not all stored on a single server that you are accessing. There will be multiple redundant mirrors across the globe, and you will access whichever is closest to you. But you may not be accessing the same datacenter with your phone as your PC. This would be a rarity, because of the network topology. Once the update (on either your phone or the PC) is made, it can take up to 15 minutes to span the globe and update every datacenter.
  13. F2a

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I don't even know why I bothered asking...

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F2a View Post
    I don't even know why I bothered asking...
    Read my post. Right above yours. It's 3 lines long.
  15. F2a

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeaverJuicer View Post
    Read my post. Right above yours. It's 3 lines long.
    Yeah, I did and that's why I made that comment. I'm talking about emails that were deleted weeks ago on my pc still existing on my phone.

I'm talking about emails that were deleted weeks ago on my pc still existing on my phone.
    F2a Did you ever figure out a resolution for this? I am having this same issue.