Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Any apps that have really good Live Tiles that you recommend? My Start Screen needs more of those.

I recommend das image. They have a cool life tile that changes every half hour with images from flicker and 500px. I also recommend custom tile maker to make your own live tiles. I use it to make "organizational tiles" for different groups of apps .
    Thanked by:

No offense, but any of relevance that you recommend, like, information, game, sports, music apps? Thanks, I'll check those out!

Any others? Das Image is a good match for my home screen.
    Last edited by Dadstar0410; 01-21-2013 at 01:09 AM.

USA today, weather flow, CNN, windows phone insider, nextgen reader, metrotube, group on. There's more, just look for live tile next to apps descriptions in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by ggonzalez777 View Post
    USA today, weather flow, CNN, windows phone insider, nextgen reader, metrotube, group on. There's more, just look for live tile next to apps descriptions in the store.
    Most of the ones that have Live Tiles don't really have Live Tiles. That is why I don't really rely on that.
    Has anyone tried grouping similar tiles by function, category, etc.

Sorry I didn't post any picks but Tile Label is a very simple way to group or labels apps.

It provides space between the label and surrounding apps so things are not cluttered.
    Thanked by:

Also TileHeader2 for group-labeling the startscreen with things like Apps, Media, Social etc.

Personally i decorate my startscreen with pictures as well, like my screens in the homescreen/lockscreen thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ggonzalez777 View Post
    weather flow
    Seriously agree with you on that. Weather Flow has a great looking live tile and is the first app I ever purchased... right alongside the WPCentral app. I do think the WPC app tile looks great, and it becomes a customizable live tile once you pay (Redeem some Bing Rewards for free app store credit if you like to keep things free).

There are some great custom live tile apps out there that will flip with your own info and pictures on there, too. I recommend trying those after you've filled your start screen with "relevant" informational apps :)
    Thanked by:

Thanks guys! I'm kinda afraid to get rid of my HTC Live Tile if I get Weather Flow. Guess I'll give it a try. Tile Header would make my phone look a lot like my Surface, which I like. Thanks guys! Keep me updated on any new Live Tiles you come across. I shall do the same!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadstar0410 View Post
    Any apps that have really good Live Tiles that you recommend? My Start Screen needs more of those.
    Check out the thread that's stickied up top here. There are tons of home screens posted in that thread. Should give you a good start
    Thanked by:

Didn't help too much, tbh haha sorry.