Windows phone 8 transfer of existing purchases on marketplace.

rbxtreme

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Could someone please let me know how I could transfer my purchases from one email to another. The scenario is like this, I got a lumia 920 and configured it with my existing someone@gmail.com account and purchased some apps of the marketplace and now since google is taking off support from windows phone i would want to scrap my gmail.com account to my new outlook.com account.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
You can't transfer purchases or combine Microsoft accounts. There are hacky, long term workarounds, I'm in a similar situation.

What you can do is rename your existing Microsoft account (that uses a Gmail.com address) with a new Outlook.com address. If you already created a separate Microsoft account using an Outlook.com address you want, you will be unable to instantly delete it and rename your existing account to it. You will have to delete the new Microsoft account, wait out the deletion period (I've seen nine months and twelve months, not sure of which it is), then rename.

If you rename a Microsoft account currently registered as the primary account of a Windows Phone, you will have to hard reset the device (this is my dilemma, I cannot rename the account because I wired up my mother's Windows Phone to use my existing address and don't wish to trouble her, especially with the nonexistent backup situation currently).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3