Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

IN a related note, it looks like there is a delay of between 10-15 minutes from getting/sending a message on your phone to having it backed up and visible online. Not too shabby!

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    I was able to see some of mine as well...
  3.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by heijenoort View Post
    It works! Thank you!

I think this is a hidden feature because is still a work in progress, probably it will be available soon
    +1 works for me. I can see most of my text messages again!
    brilliant! works like a charm!

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    I add #page=3 at the end of the url and I still don't get anything but the "oops" page from outlook.

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I got it by clicking on the link in the post, then adding the page=3 part at the end in the window that the link opened.
    The 'find all text message history' doesn't work though.
    WPCentral's Resident Elitist :D

Is this still working for anyone? It worked two days ago and has not worked since.

Hi Everyone,

I wasn't able to view them when i used the url.
    Is there another way?

https://blu002.mail.live.com/default.aspx?fid=b#3 doesn't appear to work in Australia....I cannot view a thing. I'm desperate. Need to get my client sms messages and my replies onto their electronic files as a legal record of our communications. Cannot believe that Nokia and MS haven't woken up to the fact that smart phones are used for business. My Lumia 920 might as well be a Fysher Price music box.

Quote Originally Posted by thepsych View Post
    https://blu002.mail.live.com/default.aspx?fid=b#3 doesn't appear to work in Australia....I cannot view a thing. I'm desperate. Need to get my client sms messages and my replies onto their electronic files as a legal record of our communications. Cannot believe that Nokia and MS haven't woken up to the fact that smart phones are used for business. My Lumia 920 might as well be a Fysher Price music box.
    didn't work for me initially..but after a few tries it worked.

Here's what I did.

I went to outlook.com, clicked the messaging history link and manually added page=3 after the given URL which is https://blu172.mail.live.com/?n=1787569406&fid=b#
    Developer

Quote Originally Posted by blangett View Post
    Is this still working for anyone? It worked two days ago and has not worked since.
    In the last weeks it worked at random. Today it does not work for me :/
    English is not my mother tongue, so I may have some issues on grammar or spelling or some other stuff. If you notice any mistakes, feel free to correct me!

I have been trying for the last week and a half and it hasn't worked for me once yet. When you kept trying did you just cut and paste over and over or refresh? Did you try at different times of day?

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    I have no clue what I did, but suddenly I had some unread messages under 'Quick View' which contained photos. Opening one of those messages, brought this sight upon my very eyes.
    txt.png

Is this the hidden feature we're so eagerly on the hunt for?
    Last edited by phonohead; 03-24-2013 at 02:07 PM.
  14.    #39  
    You started off saying you have no clue what you did.. but I will still ask - so how did you reach there? :P
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Well, If you're able to find any link or reasonable connection between adding a Gmail account as a 'send-receive' account, you have the answer.

In that case, it's a rather pesky workaround!
  16.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by phonohead View Post
    Well, If you're able to find any link or reasonable connection between adding a Gmail account as a 'send-receive' account, you have the answer.

In that case, it's a rather pesky workaround!
    I'm digging, get back to you when I find the diamond and not coal!
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

Managed to find 2 SMS messages this morning while using the outlook.com search feature. That sent me down this rabbit hole of annoyance as I tried to find the rest of my messages. Have not been able to replicate the result by using the search and so far I've had no success with any of the suggestions in this thread.

It'll be very nice when/if this is properly implemented

This is what works for me. If I select contact, I can see some messages. If at the end of the url I change &qvid=5 with &qvid=3, I can see 80 % of my messages. I still have to figure out what the reason I don't see all messages. All search methods don't work for me, even changing different browser.

Quote Originally Posted by gator1970 View Post
    This is what works for me. If I select contact, I can see some messages. If at the end of the url I change &qvid=5 with &qvid=3, I can see 80 % of my messages. I still have to figure out what the reason I don't see all messages. All search methods don't work for me, even changing different browser.
    Can you give full link? I don't know exactly where you are selecting a contact. I still only see facebook messages/email and no contacts that have sent texts. Also anywhere I click I can't get the url to show &qvid=5.

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    that link just shows me facebook messges, not SMS
    Developer

Quote Originally Posted by jhguth View Post
    that link just shows me facebook messges, not SMS
    It works for me... often...
    English is not my mother tongue, so I may have some issues on grammar or spelling or some other stuff. If you notice any mistakes, feel free to correct me!

cnt.jpgHere is the link: https://blu002.mail.live.com/
    Once you are there, select Contact and it should change url with this ending: &fid=&qvid=5. If you dont see any changes, close IE and reopen it. Then, change 5 with 3. From my side, I only see sms messages, I am not sure if because I have a setting with automatic backup or there is something else. Like I said on my previous message, there are almost the 80% of the messages, not sure why I dont see a remaining 20%, Since I bought the HTC phone last december.
    Last edited by gator1970; 04-07-2013 at 04:59 PM.
    Selfie13 likes this.

They seem to have changed this again - 'Contacts' is now a separate page, not a Quick View.

I can't get it to work.

there seems some url problem in live.com for messages
    i did some tweaking in url and i can see the messages...

Its weird, I can only see my picture messages. When i go into message history, it is empty, 0 messages. The only ones i can see are picture messages, in the folder Photos. Any suggestions?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast