Separate email accounts with each their own live tile? Possible?

nukeitall

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I have several email accounts, and I want to keep them separate i.e. no linking with each their own tile. Is there a way to do this on Windows Phone 8?

I don't think there is a way to do is in Windows Phone 7 (which is what I have now).

madisonjar

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I have three email accounts (one yahoo, two gmail) each with their own live tile and labeled right (i.e office, personal, etc.) it works great and I love the fact that I can put my one I use the least as the smallest live tile and the other two as a medium size.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Works in 7 & 8... Go to your inbox and hit the "..." at the bottom right, then hit " linked inboxes"... You should see a list of your email accounts... Touching an inbox that is currently linked will unlink it and vise versa to link them.

Oh, unlinked inboxes will show up in the list of all your apps and the title will be whatever you named the email account... If you want to pin to start screen, although I think unlinking an email account automatically pins it to start.

Erickson187

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes both windows phone 7 and 8 allow you to have separate email accounts with their own tiles. I had half a dozen on my old trophy and also on my new Nokia.

If you want in windows phone 8 not sure about 7 but I think even in 7 you can link inboxes together.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes, as long as they are not from the same provider. I have three email accounts with their own live tiles (Hotmail, Gmail, and Exchange). Unfortunately, I also have another Exchange email account that I would like to have on my start screen, but it will not allow me to pin it to start.

I'm not sure what you're referring to.

I have 4 @live email accounts pinned. I can still add more email accounts if I wanted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett