Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I have several email accounts, and I want to keep them separate i.e. no linking with each their own tile. Is there a way to do this on Windows Phone 8?

I don't think there is a way to do is in Windows Phone 7 (which is what I have now).

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    I have three email accounts (one yahoo, two gmail) each with their own live tile and labeled right (i.e office, personal, etc.) it works great and I love the fact that I can put my one I use the least as the smallest live tile and the other two as a medium size.
    If I understand you right, then yes you can. They dont have to be linked so you can have separate email/live tiles.

Global Posts
    4,452 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    Works in 7 & 8... Go to your inbox and hit the "..." at the bottom right, then hit " linked inboxes"... You should see a list of your email accounts... Touching an inbox that is currently linked will unlink it and vise versa to link them.

Oh, unlinked inboxes will show up in the list of all your apps and the title will be whatever you named the email account... If you want to pin to start screen, although I think unlinking an email account automatically pins it to start.
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Meme 8 Ball (WP8), UnClocked (WP8.1 - Themed Live Tile Clock)

Yes both windows phone 7 and 8 allow you to have separate email accounts with their own tiles. I had half a dozen on my old trophy and also on my new Nokia.

If you want in windows phone 8 not sure about 7 but I think even in 7 you can link inboxes together.

I have 3 email accounts setup with live tiles on my home screen right now.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    It's possible in both 7 and 8.

I had three live tiles on my 900.

I now have four live tiles on my 920.

Edit: Removed incorrect content.
    Last edited by Ele7eN; 01-22-2013 at 10:18 AM.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ele7eN View Post
    Yes, as long as they are not from the same provider. I have three email accounts with their own live tiles (Hotmail, Gmail, and Exchange). Unfortunately, I also have another Exchange email account that I would like to have on my start screen, but it will not allow me to pin it to start.
    I'm not sure what you're referring to.

I have 4 @live email accounts pinned. I can still add more email accounts if I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Figure 8 Dash View Post

I have 4 @live email accounts pinned. I can still add more email accounts if I wanted.
    Hmm, it wouldn't let me pin it to the start, but after a restart I am able to. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Figure 8 Dash View Post

I also have multiple Gmail accounts as well as multiple hotmail and live.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I was just in search for the opposite, getting all my email acounts on 1 tile, thanx to you guys, i made it work!