This just in: Windows Phone doubles Market Share in Europe in 2012

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Just read this over at Neowin.net: Windows Phone market share on the up; doubles to 5.4% in Europe in 2012

WPMS 12.jpg

The image comes from WMPU but the actual statistics come from http://www.kantarworldpanel.com/Global/News/Windows-sees-strong-European-growth

So what do you make of these statistics? Personally any growth is good growth, happy to see doubling of marketshare in the UK and so on. Would love to see further growth in the US but I suspect such a big market will be affected slower than others, hopefully MSFT and its partners like Nokia will keep pushing hard this year.

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
“It has been far slower than Microsoft would have liked, but Windows Phone is now starting to gain respectable shares in a number of key European countries. However, its performance in the Chinese and US markets remains underwhelming. As the two largest smartphone markets in the world, these remain key challenges for Microsoft to overcome during 2013.”

Hrm. I'd imagine the Europe growth is mostly built on the fact the Europe actually knows what Nokia is. Showing a falling market share in the US though?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
?It has been far slower than Microsoft would have liked, but Windows Phone is now starting to gain respectable shares in a number of key European countries. However, its performance in the Chinese and US markets remains underwhelming. As the two largest smartphone markets in the world, these remain key challenges for Microsoft to overcome during 2013.?​

In the US it's showing a 0.4% increase from 2011 to 2012 according to the image.

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site

In the US it's showing a 0.4% increase from 2011 to 2012 according to the image.

Whoopee. Let's have a party. Those same numbers showed a 2.7% market share in November, and that chart shows it ended the year at 2.6%. That's a YoY gain but a month to month drop. Assuming fluctuations that small are measurable.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Hrm. I'd imagine the Europe growth is mostly built on the fact the Europe actually knows what Nokia is. Showing a falling market share in the US though?
Hmm, I am seeing a rise from 2.2% to 2.6%.

In any case it certainly is good news.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos