- 01-22-2013, 11:59 PM #1
So I'm been using my new lumia 920 for a month. yeah you know it's time to share my opinion to our fellow lumia future owner. So here is my first impression
I'M SO......... DISAPPOINTED
And Yep! you read it right. i'm disappointed.. with WP not Nokia. about Lumia 920 is the best device i ever had. but Windows Phone? No. i'm talking about bugs, user experience, apps gap and more...
And here is the list:
1.No notification center
This missing feature annoy me every day. Who would pin all of their apps to home screen just to check notification? yeah i know that microsoft promise to bring it soon. But it already too late. why do windows phone has to play catching up with other OSes when you can just make a full-function os?
Seriously? we can't kill an app in task manager? and when i'm in home screen, i accidentally press back oh snap i'm back in my game and i need to wait until it finish loading so i can close it? and you will never able to quit an app when it crash or lose internet connection. it'll stuck in loading screen. the only solution is to back to home screen and wait it to finish loading???
after a month of using WP device, I'm only see updates twice. what? i had install at least 50 apps and game and only 2 updates? b..but no i have one more update at the moment, Nokia Care. so here is my result
thank Microsoft for this best store experience i ever had
4.Mother of LIMIT?
i just realize that Windows Phone won't allow us to manage file????????????????????
i can't even download my song that i upload on soundcloud. this is the worst nightmare for me. Why? Microsoft Why? i never buy and never intend to buy iDevices because of this and now you are trolling me? at least on iOS you can jailbreak but us? Nothing no customizations no tweaks no apps.
when i'm using Android , in setting menu is very tidy and easy to reach my favorite one. but take a look in WP setting. so messy. that's all. i know that for you guys this is not a problem but for me it is because we don't have quick access to setting so at least let us reach it a bit quicker..
6.Darn That Bing Button
why they even bother to put the bing button there?? playing game and suddenly switch to bing search and need to switch back and wait game to load again? oh come on Microsoft just make this an in-app search or universal search is way better than bing search.
7.Google and MS
I don't care about how evil Google is, and how innocent Microsoft is. Just make that damn quality Youtube app. and Gmail. and don't say you can switch to Microsoft product. why should i change my entire life and move to hotmail ghost town? all of my friend using gmail. and i using youtube daily. now what? "hotmail is better than gmail you *****!" i just don't care. my life is with google and i don't want to change it.
In conclusion all i want to say is Nokia make good devices and lumia 920 is the best of them but this is the first and the last Windows Phone i ever use. and to Microsoft you need to fire somebody....
Sorry for my bad English
bye, with peace
- 01-23-2013, 12:09 AM #2
I've seen a lot of dumb threads, but this one might just take the cake. You should research a product before you buy it.
I don't really feel like trying to argue with you since I can see you're set on your ways, but the YouTube app problem is completely Google's fault.
01-23-2013, 12:43 AM #4
- 55 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
I agree with willied. This is one of the most biased and poorly thought out threads I have ever seen.
1. If you cant wait for a notification center then buy a new phone.
2. Multi-tasking is just fine! I completely understand where you are coming from. You just came from android, and you are used to being able to swipe up in multi-tasking, and its gone.
instead of using the home button, use the back button if you want to shut it down.
3.The store does stop working SOMETIMES. Its not anywhere near as bad as you make it seem...unless its just you..then well...sucks for you. not the os for you.
4.this I do agree with but doesn't bother me at all.
5. android settings takes FOR-FREAKING-EVER to navigate through, because everything is so deep into the settings. (maybe just me? I dunno. but its definetly NOT MESSY.)
6. This is probably the most stupid part of your post. I mean really. Here is why.
On every android device up until 4.2, there is a search button in the same place as the bing button.
now you say why not make it so its an in app search?..yes, this would be smart. I agree. but it wont solve your problem, in any way shape or form. * youre playing a game. you hit the bing button...oh no! In app search comes up! ( since its a game, there is no in app search...so, JUST LIKE ANDROID, it takes you to google search instead!
7. OH! Oh no...I was wrong. THIS is the most stupid, and idiotic part of your post. It is in NO way Microsoft's fault that there is no quality Youtube app. Google is actually blocking Windows Phone users from accessing Youtube in the way that android and IOS can. so put that to rest because if you spent even 5 minutes to research what you were talking about you would understand because it is talked about EVERYWHERE!
Next... Youre having trouble with Gmail? you can get Gmail to be received in Outlook(Hotmail) so both inboxes are the same.as far as chat.. Its not Microsofts fault that google is afraid of Microsoft.
I have had a Nokia lumia 920 for two months now. I came from android. I tried my best not to be biased, and I admit comments like "Google afraid of Microsoft" is biased, but other than that, it isn't biased.
next time either
1. Research before you buy a new phone, ESPECIALLY if you are switching Operating systems!
2. Research before you complain.
Edit: Sorry if I offend you in any way.
- By ajua in forum HTC 8XReplies: 29Last Post: 11-16-2012, 09:00 PM
- By firepromaster in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 09-06-2012, 01:22 PM
- By geekmaster in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 12Last Post: 07-19-2012, 11:09 PM
- By canesfan625 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 24Last Post: 04-30-2011, 09:04 PM
- By MarcMaiden in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 59Last Post: 11-29-2010, 08:12 AM