Nokia drive beta finally available on other windows phones!

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Youve got to try out the Surfer Dude voice pack - not sure how long before it would get annoying though - but its alot more friendly and chilled than the standard.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Why does everyone like this so much better than Bing maps. I get my turn by turn directions fine with Bing maps, is the only difference that Nokia is voice turn by turn?

morpheus1982

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Why does everyone like this so much better than Bing maps. I get my turn by turn directions fine with Bing maps, is the only difference that Nokia is voice turn by turn?

Its a proper sat nav feature that competes. I like Bing Maps for walking, but it doesn't even rotate the map in the direction travel, so it can get confusing. In terms of what the competition are providing their customers, a free sat nav solution for all Windows Phone was much needed.

absonj

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Initial test ran fine. Altered course twice, and it corrected nicely. Had new streets in as well as a new round-a-bout. Will really pound it today, going from central Seattle, down north and then back up south, 4 stops between the two, lots of roads. Will see how it works, and how well the battery issue is. All running through bluetooth as well. Will post the results around 3:00pm today. But so far, so good. And the surfer dude is funny, although not sure how long I will put up with it, will post that as well. Oh, and it worked all offline, as I will set it for today as well.

busngabb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I also tried it on the way to work today. It impressed me to be honest, it avoided two sections of road that are terrible in terms of traffic that other sat navs send you down. Is this a feature of the software or just beginners luck?

I also went the wrong way a couple of times to see how it reacted and again it did well, re-routing in seconds. I was very impressed with the voice directions, its done so well that you don't have to look at it.

I did an hour and a half drive on battery and didn't notice any big drop in battery level.

Very impressed so far, more than ticks the boxes.

absonj

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
So early.posting, preconstruction meeting cancelled. Heres what I can tell you.

Drop the surfer voice, he doesn't give street names.
Accurate on directions, very very easy to use. Found addresses and places of businesses easy and accurately.
Battery dropped 20% after 2 1/2 hours, including phone calls, internet, texts, Bluetooth and music through BT. So the battery rocks.

If this is a beta, the finished must be crazy good because it already rocks. Getting a big tile on my start!
Sent from my wicked sexy HTC 8X windows phone using Board Express

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
So early.posting, preconstruction meeting cancelled. Heres what I can tell you.

Drop the surfer voice, he doesn't give street names.
Accurate on directions, very very easy to use. Found addresses and places of businesses easy and accurately.
Battery dropped 20% after 2 1/2 hours, including phone calls, internet, texts, Bluetooth and music through BT. So the battery rocks.

If this is a beta, the finished must be crazy good because it already rocks. Getting a big tile on my start!

Welcome to what we've been saying all along about Nokia Drive. It's been pretty damn good since day one

absonj

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
How do you get it running through your Bluetooth, does this mean I can play it though my cars Bluetooth,

My city rig has sync, so its easy. I just tell my phone to connect Bluetooth, that's all. ,

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
How do you get it running through your Bluetooth, does this mean I can play it though my cars Bluetooth,

It plays the sounds through whatever media would play. So if you hooked up headphones, and expected to hear music through them, you'd hear the voice. I used Bluetooth in my 2012 Honda Civic all the time and it just works. (Ug, I feel like an Apple ****** some days)

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
There goes the only advantage that the Lumia 920 had.

Haha. No. Not even close.

QK1LCc6.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes