A big problem and needs a quick solution

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I bought my nokia lumia 920 about 2 months ago
Its an amazing phone no doubt about that , but I stopped receiving notifications from the WP store about the available updates ( even though they are available because I've checked from WP central news) the thing is I have tens of apps , im not ready to search for each one on the store and then the phone realizes later that there is an update ( seriously what the **** ?? )
I did wanted to point out that Ive chosen my region as US although Im living in the middle east if that would contribute to the problem , thanks in advance

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there's a solution to this problem. On my phone it usually works, but then it stops working for a few weeks.

Today it showed updates when it didn't for a while before, and I haven't done anything special.

This problem persists since the beginnings of WP7...

ousooner314

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if it's a "problem" as much as the "unknown" regarding how often the Store gets update notifications. No one knows for certain if it's daily, weekly, monthly, etc. The ideal solution would be to allow users to manually check for updates. This way, we are not at the mercy of the mysterious update schedule.

VDubb22

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm annoyed by this too. I popped my SIM in my 8X yesterday and had to go through and update all apps manually (and there are still a few I'm finding updates for). You would think that it would force check for updates at start-up similar to iOS. Hopefully MS adds a force update check ability, or at the very least, code the app to force check on certain conditions (when loading store or phone boot).

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Are you maintaining a data connection 24 hours a day? Both my 900 and sim-free Surround get updates regularly, provided I keep WiFi active on the Surround. For me, updates usually occur between 12am-1am (east coast US). I believe the servers check daily, unless they are experiencing a problem.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos