01-24-2013, 04:00 AM #1
- 105 Posts
After some Testing here with some WP8 Devices we recognized some "Performance" Problem with the 8S and the Lumia 620.
- What i first Recognized was at the 8S when you Jump from a App to the Homescreen with the Windows Softkey it Sometimes Hangs a Second when the Applist goes through the Screen
- Then Someone telled me that the 8S had real Problems while Unlocking the Phone, Sometimes it takes long for the Phone to "recognize" the Input and 2 Times it Completely hangs and does nothing till Hard Reboot (Maybe Portico will Fix that but i am not Shure)
- Another Problem Occured on the Lumia 620 there the Calender was somehow hanging in the Background and Always vissible when Users Switched Apps, Only Reboot Could fix that
My Question now goes out to you 8S/620 Users: Do you have issues like this or other things where your Handsets seem to have to less Power?
I could'nt recognize anything like this on my 820 or my 920...
Thanks for your Answers
01-24-2013, 04:28 AM #3
- 358 Posts
I've been reading many reviews and user comments here and elsewhere. I have not seen any particular lagging issues with the 620. Most seems to think it's a very snappy phone.
Are you keeping many apps suspended in the background? I usually terminate apps when I don't use them by using the back button. If you just press the home button to get out, it will keep the app in the background.
01-24-2013, 06:12 AM #4
- 105 Posts
I am with WP since Day 1! (Mozart 7 => Optimus 7 => Lumia 800 => Lumia 820 => Lumia 920)
So i know when i leave witch Windows Softkey App is Running in Background since Mango (7.5) but the Users shall try how WP fits there Work and i thought not that Leaving Apps Open would be a Problem cause WP by Design should close Apps if there is no more RAM/CPU Free.
I Usually do the same like u and leave with back key so app is really closed but on all my WP Devices i never Experienced Something like this. So i really think it happens only on the Low End Devices and so it looks like a Performance Problem. I Tested with my 920 to Reproduce it but even if let Run as Much apps possible i don't have such Problems...
But like you i also haven't read anything about those Problems on the Web thats the Reason why i asked here! Also the 620 seems to have not the Problems the 8S has...
- 01-25-2013, 08:16 PM #5
I wouldn't mind helping you diagnose your problems, but it would be much easier if you could provide better/more information:
- Some indication of how often you encounter each problem (once? always? about twice a day?)
- Some indication of whether you can consistently reproduce them
- State of each device (factory reset and clean, apps installed)
- Do both 8S behave identically.
- Is it only one 8S that is having all of these problems, or all/some of them?
- anything else you can think of
02-25-2013, 02:59 AM #7
- 5 Posts
I have HTC 8S with following problem:
When phone is in airplane mode and screen is locked more than cca. 5 minutes, then when I press power button it takes up to 10 seconds to show lock screen.
Same case was on 2 other HTC 8S devices (I tried in shop).
- 02-25-2013, 04:39 AM #10
I'm worried about the 512MB of RAM. Did anyone have any problems because of that? I mainly use my phone for web surfing and I noticed on my Trophy that IE sometimes acts like it ran out of RAM (reloading pictures on background tabs). Is this the case with 8S and 620? I'd really like to switch to WP8 but don't want a screen bigger than 4" so I guess I'm stuck at 512MB devices.
03-03-2013, 05:02 AM #12
- 639 Posts
- 03-04-2013, 08:46 PM #14
I have some momentary hang issues with my Lumia 920. Seems to mostly affect the music side of things though, such as a hang when I tap to play an album/artist, etc. So I aren't sure it's just the 620/8S...
- By TheLuminis620 in forum Nokia Lumia 620Replies: 23Last Post: 01-28-2013, 08:24 PM
- By fatalaonemanarmy in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 21Last Post: 04-05-2012, 08:15 AM
- By Bentstraight in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 23Last Post: 03-03-2012, 08:17 PM
- By TheWeeBear in forum Developers CornerReplies: 0Last Post: 02-27-2012, 02:32 PM
- By jabtano in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 11-28-2011, 05:45 AM