Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
If Apple does release a 4.8 iPhone... Then there will be no way around Full HD. But as so many new Android phones will be full HD, WP8 should go that path ASAP.
But before that we need a 64Gb mem monster with 2Gb of Ram from Nokia or HTC or Samsung. This with a 720p display.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Ie. HTC with help from MS could easily put WP8 on a OneXplus variant. Would save a lot of hardware development costs and the Tegra3 is used in Surface RT, I believe,

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't really know why I need the Full HD display - I cannot find many good videos to watch on my Lumia anyway - but I really want a full HD display. But 5.0 inch might be too large for me (of course, if they can keep the bezel so thin that it's of the same size as Lumia 920, I will be happy with 5 inch phone).

failed1234

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Not enough interest in WP for a "spec monster." Would waste money of already failing companies.
Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

rbxtreme

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
It all goes to personal preference when it came to screen size, but having been using a note for more than a year and then the L920 i would admit that the bigger are good if the phones could use some advanced algorithms to perform stuff by reading,what's on our minds but the running around the giant real estate with the fingers is not the best feeling...

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
But before that we need ... a monster with 2Gb of Ram from Nokia or HTC.

This is just spec-whoring. That extra 1GB of RAM would make absolutely no difference whatsoever. It would sit there, entirely untouched and ignored by both the WP8 OS and apps.

You are imagining optimization potential where none exists. Faster RAM... now that would make a difference.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
This is just spec-whoring. That extra 1GB of RAM would make absolutely no difference whatsoever. It would sit there, entirely untouched and ignored by both the WP8 OS and apps.

You are imagining optimization potential where none exists. Faster RAM... now that would make a difference.

/agree

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Ie. HTC with help from MS could easily put WP8 on a OneXplus variant. Would save a lot of hardware development costs and the Tegra3 is used in Surface RT, I believe,

WP8 is built and optimized to run on Qualcomm S4 chipsets. Since WP8 is not platform independent the way WRT is, your suggestion would actually be very difficult for MS to implement... not that it can't be done, but it would take forever to complete.

It would also introduce significant hardware fragmentation to WP8 and end up being slower than current WP8 devices, as the Tegra 3 chipset is a terrible SoC by today's standards.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
How do you sell fast RAM to a consumer? Most people don't know what it is, but believe that more is better.
The S3 was a spec monster in many aspects, made Android much much stronger.
If the Tegra is no solution, then a 4 core S4.
I would favor 720p under 5 inches, but a 5 inch 1080p would be nice.
The obvious solution would be to remove the 3 touch buttons and to replace them by icons that always show on the display when it is on.
Makes the phone smaller and simpler, to wake the phone you must touch a mechanical button anyways.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium