01-24-2013, 09:55 PM #1
- 7 Posts
I love WP8. I'm generally an MS fan because they tend to deliver professional software for professional users. Office on WP8 is great but there's one massive, huge, immense, even gargantuan issue I have. Why oh why can't I copy a doc/presentation/workbook to my phone direct to my SD Card and have it seen by Office? I have a 45Mb pptx file which I copied to my SD and expected to be able to open it in Powerpoint. Office Hub didn't even see it. Uploaded to Skydrive from PC - that part was ok and I can see the file from my WP in Office Hub, but can I download it? No way! Keeps hanging during the download. I'm on my company Wireless connection and I know speed isn't an issue. If I back out of the App it says "download cancelled". Doesn't matter what I do - I can't get it onto my phone.
Anybody have any ideas?
01-24-2013, 10:15 PM #2
- 79 Posts
Well, I'm not sure how helpful my response will be, but I just tried to open a 98MB pptx and it disconnected with just shy of 60MB downloaded. I'm on my home WiFi, so that really shouldn't be a problem.
Edit: I should clarify that I'm on WP7.
Also, since I was able to exceed 45 MB, but still suffered from a disconnect part way through downloading, I think it has something to do with timing out of SkyDrive.
- By doublesman3486 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 6Last Post: 11-21-2012, 09:40 PM
- By Desdemona in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 20Last Post: 11-04-2012, 10:54 PM
- By cckgz4 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 10-12-2012, 01:30 PM
- By snowmutt in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 08-25-2012, 06:13 AM
- By kenzibit in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 13Last Post: 06-06-2012, 02:36 PM