- 01-26-2013, 12:26 AM #1
Hi I'm planning to get HTC 8S because it is so pretty and the specs is enough for me.
A few months ago I heard Google will discontinue the sync support starting 30 Jan 2012, but current user can still use it.
Is that time limit true?
If I order now, I will receive it mid-Feb. Can I still use Google sync?
01-26-2013, 01:43 AM #2
- 1,258 Posts
That time limit is true. However IMAP email will work for live mail and the rumor mill has it that Microsoft have an update coming that adds DAV support for the calendar and contacts too.
There are work arounds even if that fails to arrive though - apps in the store to do the Sync.
I would be surprised if a solution didn't show quickly though.
01-26-2013, 02:52 AM #4
- 488 Posts
IMAP sync will take care of email. For contact and calendar sync, WP8 does not yet support CalDAV and CardDAV, but MS is said to be working on a fix for this. Currently, this is one of two factors delaying my purchase of a 920 (the other being whatever new hotness comes out at MWC).
01-26-2013, 02:58 AM #5
- 34 Posts
- 01-27-2013, 07:43 AM #8
- By locoworks in forum Samsung ATIV SReplies: 8Last Post: 03-14-2013, 06:02 AM
- By lavalleema in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 2Last Post: 10-14-2012, 04:09 PM
- By 12Danny123 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 23Last Post: 07-25-2012, 01:23 PM
- By pnut4912 in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 6Last Post: 04-08-2012, 04:08 PM
- By baseballbert in forum Nokia Lumia 800Replies: 15Last Post: 11-30-2011, 05:14 PM