- 01-26-2013, 12:46 AM #1
I previously had a Lumia 822 but because of Verizon reasons I had to return it, not phone issues. I am thinking of getting one again and have a few things that bugged the heck out of me before and I'm curious if there has been fixes for them.
1. WiFi disabled when the phone went to sleep
2. Text messages did not save drafts, if i changed apps while typing a text everything I typed disappeared
3. I couldn't set custom ringtones or SMS or email tones. All I could use was the ones that were preinstalled on the phone
4. Live tiles such as the ESPN app did not update on their own or sometimes ever, are they better about updating
This one I am just curious of: Do you think WP8 is going to catch on and will bring in the consumers using them and the app developers making more and better apps?
If someone could help me out with this stuff I would really appreciate it, thank you for all your help.
- 01-26-2013, 01:03 AM #2
Just read the other 400 threads covering the exact same thing.
MS is in it for the long hall, of course it will catch on. It already is. I have people at work constantly asking about it and looking into one.
- 01-26-2013, 01:39 AM #4
1 and 2 are fixed (1 is an option now)
3 You can set custom ringtones on each person for calls. you can globally set custom ringtones
4 Tiles are good. Most apps work great all the time, other work perfectly all the time so I think it's people's coding of the app. I.e. correctly coded apps update reliably.
- 01-26-2013, 02:15 AM #5
- 01-26-2013, 02:23 AM #7
Also, with this Google news does this mean I won't be able to sync my Gmail and contacts with WP? I want it so if I add a contact or calendar event on my phone it shows up on my Google account and vise versa.
- 01-26-2013, 02:55 AM #8
- 01-26-2013, 10:07 AM #9
Nokia has a great app (Ringtone Maker) for making ringtones right on the device. 1 is part of an update which hasn't hit the 822 yet, but it will soon enough. I guess 2 is in the update because it doesn't have it right now. However, you can simply go back to the messaging app, but it doesn't save it if you exit out of it by hitting the back button while in the messaging app.
- By Jeffrey Seymore in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 17Last Post: 01-16-2013, 06:39 PM
- By Duct Tape Panties in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 08-12-2011, 12:03 PM
- By davidt77 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 11Last Post: 06-28-2011, 01:14 PM
- By Dieter Bohn in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 32Last Post: 11-08-2010, 08:30 PM