Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DTSDude
  1.    #1  
    What can we possibly do to get an app to make this watch work with our windows phone. It be awesome.

Pebble

Organize a team of devs to see what they can do? I'd love to see support for it too, but at the moment that actually requires people to get their hands on a watch. :)
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,350 Global Posts
    I put a pre-order reservation a week ago, but heard nothing back yet.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Although I'm not a hundred percent certain I believe that Windows Phone 8 does not have the required APIs to make the Pebble useable with a Windows Phone.

Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theslav View Post
    Although I'm not a hundred percent certain I believe that Windows Phone 8 does not have the required APIs to make the Pebble useable with a Windows Phone.
    One guy in the thread in the link said this:

'WP8 can be made to connect to Pebble. There are no definite plans for official support so far, but they've said they'd "consider their options in 2013".'

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    WP8 doesn't support the required Bluetooth profile for application messaging. There's multiple threads going on over on the pebble forums about it.
    bawboh86 likes this.
  7.    #7  
    Ms is lacking maybe Nokia can give us something

Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DTSDude View Post
    WP8 doesn't support the required Bluetooth profile for application messaging. There's multiple threads going on over on the pebble forums about it.
    I guess that's referring to BT 4.0? It's really incredible that Microsoft wouldn't include that in WP8 since it's kind of a big deal and certain phones already have the BT 4.0 chip. Hopefully in the next major update they'll add support for it.

Quote Originally Posted by willied View Post
    I guess that's referring to BT 4.0? It's really incredible that Microsoft wouldn't include that in WP8 since it's kind of a big deal and certain phones already have the BT 4.0 chip. Hopefully in the next major update they'll add support for it.
    The 920 is Bluetooth 4.0 certified, I'm assuming that would require the OS to work as well? Although it may not support all the bluetooth profiles needed.

Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vedichymn View Post
    The 920 is Bluetooth 4.0 certified, I'm assuming that would require the OS to work as well? Although it may not support all the bluetooth profiles needed.
    Yeah, 4.0 isn't supported by WP8 yet, sadly.

Its not Bluetooth 4.0 that's the issue, I have an old incredible that works with pebble just fine, its not 4.0. I want my pebble to work with my 8x so bad. Right now its just a cool looking watch for me because I switched to windows phone. I use my old incredible to add watch faces to it.