Backup applications

Bilal_Fakih

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys!

Im not sure if this thread is available in WPcentral forums but i didnt find any similar threads

I have Nokia lumia 920, but im getting a new one. Ill backup my current data and then ill make a hard rest and give it away to a family member! But i was wondering, if i go to settings> then backup and turn everything on, will the applications be backup too? Is there is another way to backup your phone?

Therefore, if i restore my data to my new phone, will i lose all my applications? Even the ones i paid for?

Looking forward to hear from you guys!

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It'll automatically download all your apps for you when you sign in to your Microsoft Account on your new phone and you won't need to pay for any again. It worked pretty well for me.

Any settings in apps though are lost and you'll need to reconfigure your Start screen.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys!

Im not sure if this thread is available in WPcentral forums but i didnt find any similar threads

I have Nokia lumia 920, but im getting a new one. Ill backup my current data and then ill make a hard rest and give it away to a family member! But i was wondering, if i go to settings> then backup and turn everything on, will the applications be backup too? Is there is another way to backup your phone?

Therefore, if i restore my data to my new phone, will i lose all my applications? Even the ones i paid for?

Looking forward to hear from you guys!

Yes the other member is right. As long as you backup everything you will be fine. also for future reference (as I forgotten apps I bought in the past) go to your Xbox.com and go onto your account and it gives a deeper account record, with more details.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon