Sorted out my battery drain issue

YCSMD

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Ive had two 8X's and both had fast idle draining, as in never longer than 18 hours or so with minimal use and 12 hours of real usage.

On my second 8X I used my recovery image from the previous phone and they behaved exactly the same in terms of battery drain.

Two days ago I reset the phone and didnt revert back to my old image and set it up like new, this time without sending anonymous data, otherwise the same settings AFAIK. Now the battery reports that it can go up to 8 days after 4 hours sitting and being at 55% from the previous days use and drain when idle is hugely improved to back it up. With low usage it reports 1 day 14 hours+.

I thought it was baconit but Ive now reinstalled it and the battery still seems to be good. He does has reports that his 2.5.1 version has drain issues after you enter Fip-View which I disable anyways though.

So if your phone is draining when quickly during idle it might be worth a shot at resetting and starting from a new image because that worked better than a new phone with the same old image for me. (Got a new phone because of build issues, not battery)

Last edited:

locoworks

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Figured out my battery drain issue

re-install baconit and see if the issue returns? then you and us will know for certain if that app is the cause.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Every other post is "I uninstalled X" and it fixed the battery for me...

The simple fact is that is is not related to a single app (although some apps may be worse than others). The issue is a general OS issue that needs fixing. Looks like it can be, so hopefully will be in a future update.

YCSMD

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

Every other post is "I uninstalled X" and it fixed the battery for me...

The simple fact is that is is not related to a single app (although some apps may be worse than others). The issue is a general OS issue that needs fixing. Looks like it can be, so hopefully will be in a future update.
If a rogue app is able to drain the battery, it is an OS issue given that WP8 is designed to not allow that. So yes, even though it could be a rogue app, its still something that Microsoft should look into fixing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers