Outlook account

kanisian

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, this lumia 920 is my first wp device so I'm fairly new to this os. I have a question as to my outlook email. I wanna switch to outlook from gmail because gmail is acting weird on my phone. It constantly says no messages and I have to manually refresh it everytime I open it and it's hogging my data plan.

So the problem is here: my outlook account ends with @gmail.com. The outlook settings on my phone doesn't recognize it as an outlook account but instead a gmail account. So I use smtp.live.com as the server but no luck, it says sync error and keeps on saying I've got no internet connection even though I am connected to the net. So what should I do? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks 😊

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what's going on with your phone, but until I switched to my personal domain name I used an @gmail.com live account with any issue. So the platform does support it.

kanisian

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what's going on with your phone, but until I switched to my personal domain name I used an @gmail.com live account with any issue. So the platform does support it.

Hey, thanks for the quick response. Can you just check your outlook settings for me please? What's the server address? It's sorta annoying now that I can't set up a proper email. LOL

kalinsky

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem. Here is the fix.

Set up the account on your phone as a generic Exchange account. Use m.hotmail.com as the Exchange server. Plug in your username and pass, and you should be set.

Good luck.

kanisian

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem. Here is the fix.

Set up the account on your phone as a generic Exchange account. Use m.hotmail.com as the Exchange server. Plug in your username and pass, and you should be set.

Good luck.
Wow that worked like a charm. Thanks for the help! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss