Question about Calendar/Mail live tiles

thaman04

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi there! I finally got a Nokia Lumia 920 and LOVE it!
I have a question regarding the Calendar/Mail live tiles.

I noticed in commercials, online videos, etc.... the live tile for Mail and Calendar tiles flip through the various entries.... but on my phone it's only showing the latest email and only 1 appointment when I have multiple that day. How do I get the tiles to rotate through the various items?

See Calendar tile in this video to see what I mean (0:29):
Meet Steve Ballmer. See his Windows Phone - YouTube

ousooner314

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Unless I missed something, I didn't see the Calendar and Mail tiles flip in the video you provided. The Mail live tile (10 second mark) updated the new mail count, and the Calendar live tile (30 second mark) switched to the next upcoming appointment. Both of these features are present in WP8 (and WP7 as well). Hope this helps!

Edit: I agree that it would be awesome if the Calendar live tile flipped through all the appointments for the day, or, at least the ongoing and one upcoming appointment. That would really be a great utilization of the live tile feature.

thaman04

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Unless I missed something, I didn't see the Calendar and Mail tiles flip in the video you provided. The Mail live tile (10 second mark) updated the new mail count, and the Calendar live tile (30 second mark) switched to the next upcoming appointment. Both of these features are present in WP8 (and WP7 as well). Hope this helps!

Edit: I agree that it would be awesome if the Calendar live tile flipped through all the appointments for the day, or, at least the ongoing and one upcoming appointment. That would really be a great utilization of the live tile feature.

Wait, so your Calendar tile actually rotates to the next upcoming appointment like it did in the video?

ousooner314

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Wait, so your Calendar tile actually rotates to the next upcoming appointment like it did in the video?

Looks like I was mistaken. I just checked, and mine (WP7.8) doesn't animate the text. It just replaces the text with the next appointment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)