Weird update (Portico?)

GraemeT

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Still very much a newbie to all this. Playing with my new toy tonight and thought I'd check for updates. Normally it takes a second to say the phone is up to date. This time it takes a few minutes to tell me an update is available, but doesn't tell me what it is!!! Phone spends a few minutes downloading the update. Spends about ten minutes saying it's installing it. Then it sits at 100% for about another ten minutes. I give up and go to Tesco for beer, wine, food and petrol (about twenty minutes). When I come back the screen has changed and it's telling me what looks like some version numbers, follwed by MS KB numbers in brackets, are ready to install. I touch install and off it goes with the whirly cogs that I've read about. It's just finished. Tells me I've got to go and see my update history on windowsphone.com. Have I just been Porticoed, or is this something else? If it's any help I'm on O2 in the UK, but SIM only. Phone is a Lumia 820 bought from O2 outright, so not on contract, but still O2 branded, if that makes any sense. Enlightenment welcome.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Still very much a newbie to all this. Playing with my new toy tonight and thought I'd check for updates. Normally it takes a second to say the phone is up to date. This time it takes a few minutes to tell me an update is available, but doesn't tell me what it is!!! Phone spends a few minutes downloading the update. Spends about ten minutes saying it's installing it. Then it sits at 100% for about another ten minutes. I give up and go to Tesco for beer, wine, food and petrol (about twenty minutes). When I come back the screen has changed and it's telling me what looks like some version numbers, follwed by MS KB numbers in brackets, are ready to install. I touch install and off it goes with the whirly cogs that I've read about. It's just finished. Tells me I've got to go and see my update history on windowsphone.com. Have I just been Porticoed, or is this something else? If it's any help I'm on O2 in the UK, but SIM only. Phone is a Lumia 820 bought from O2 outright, so not on contract, but still O2 branded, if that makes any sense. Enlightenment welcome.

Far as I know if your Firmware Revision No. has 1249.xxxx at the end of it, you've been porticoed.

GraemeT

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Says 1232.5951.1249.1001. So, yes. Thank you. It all went very smoothly, apart from the installing progress bar being stuck on 100% for ages. That seemed a bit odd. From checking for updates and the phone resetting was probably about 30 minutes, but that's a bit of a guess, because as I said I went out and left it. The whole process took my battery down by about 17%, if anyone's interested. I see on the 920 forum that they're saying EE have pushed it out. Looks like it's come to the UK then. That's sooner than I was expecting.

GraemeT

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't know enough about it to comment authoritively. All I can tell you is that I'm on a SIM only contract (O2 Simplicity Unlimited) and I had to manually check for the update. I wasn't notified about it (that said, I think the update had only come out a few hours earlier).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss