Facebook Messages

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
i finally started getting hit with that issue in wp8 of half my facebook messages not coming to my lumia 920 when someone on facebook sends me a message. i have all the settings the same as before when i was getting the messages fine. wifi always on is enabled. anyone getting this recently and found out any trick to make it more reliable?

MarcMaiden

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I actually just started having this issue but it seems to only happen sometimes - sometimes I get messages right on the dot - sometimes I don't. It's probably the only thing that really irks me.

I have 2 theories:

Either the MS servers are getting more traffic than they thought
or
The phone's app manager is preventing facebook from updating quick enough

I think it's the first one because all my other apps get notifications fine.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
i wonder if it's possible to have a facebook messenger wrapper app just for messages like they do for the facebook mobile site. if so i would be interested in using that app as long as it gave push notifications reliably for new messages.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
What I've done is turn on Facebook mobile. So whenever messenger fails to deliver me the message, facebook mobile sends me that message as a text which I can reply free of charge as I do have unlimited texts in my bundle. Facebook mobile also sends you texts from group chats and you can respond to those as well. Worth setting it up as a back up if you have unlimited to huge number of texts in allowances.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
What I've done is turn on Facebook mobile. So whenever messenger fails to deliver me the message, facebook mobile sends me that message as a text which I can reply free of charge as I do have unlimited texts in my bundle. Facebook mobile also sends you texts from group chats and you can respond to those as well. Worth setting it up as a back up if you have unlimited to huge number of texts in allowances.

doesnt that send you a text every time you get a new message? what if you are getting the messages from facebook and a text message also?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes it does send you a text from number like 342955 or random number per person. You get it as a text and reply like a normal text.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb