i finally started getting hit with that issue in wp8 of half my facebook messages not coming to my lumia 920 when someone on facebook sends me a message. i have all the settings the same as before when i was getting the messages fine. wifi always on is enabled. anyone getting this recently and found out any trick to make it more reliable?
    01-28-2013 03:50 PM
    I actually just started having this issue but it seems to only happen sometimes - sometimes I get messages right on the dot - sometimes I don't. It's probably the only thing that really irks me.

I have 2 theories:

Either the MS servers are getting more traffic than they thought
    or
    The phone's app manager is preventing facebook from updating quick enough

I think it's the first one because all my other apps get notifications fine.
    01-28-2013 04:32 PM
    i wonder if it's possible to have a facebook messenger wrapper app just for messages like they do for the facebook mobile site. if so i would be interested in using that app as long as it gave push notifications reliably for new messages.
    01-28-2013 04:40 PM
    What I've done is turn on Facebook mobile. So whenever messenger fails to deliver me the message, facebook mobile sends me that message as a text which I can reply free of charge as I do have unlimited texts in my bundle. Facebook mobile also sends you texts from group chats and you can respond to those as well. Worth setting it up as a back up if you have unlimited to huge number of texts in allowances.
    01-28-2013 04:48 PM
    What I've done is turn on Facebook mobile. So whenever messenger fails to deliver me the message, facebook mobile sends me that message as a text which I can reply free of charge as I do have unlimited texts in my bundle. Facebook mobile also sends you texts from group chats and you can respond to those as well. Worth setting it up as a back up if you have unlimited to huge number of texts in allowances.
    doesnt that send you a text every time you get a new message? what if you are getting the messages from facebook and a text message also?
    01-28-2013 04:55 PM
    Yes it does send you a text from number like 342955 or random number per person. You get it as a text and reply like a normal text.
    01-28-2013 05:08 PM