- 01-28-2013, 04:50 PM #1
i finally started getting hit with that issue in wp8 of half my facebook messages not coming to my lumia 920 when someone on facebook sends me a message. i have all the settings the same as before when i was getting the messages fine. wifi always on is enabled. anyone getting this recently and found out any trick to make it more reliable?
01-28-2013, 05:32 PM #2
- 103 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
I actually just started having this issue but it seems to only happen sometimes - sometimes I get messages right on the dot - sometimes I don't. It's probably the only thing that really irks me.
I have 2 theories:
Either the MS servers are getting more traffic than they thought
The phone's app manager is preventing facebook from updating quick enough
I think it's the first one because all my other apps get notifications fine.
- 01-28-2013, 05:40 PM #3
i wonder if it's possible to have a facebook messenger wrapper app just for messages like they do for the facebook mobile site. if so i would be interested in using that app as long as it gave push notifications reliably for new messages.
- 01-28-2013, 05:48 PM #4
What I've done is turn on Facebook mobile. So whenever messenger fails to deliver me the message, facebook mobile sends me that message as a text which I can reply free of charge as I do have unlimited texts in my bundle. Facebook mobile also sends you texts from group chats and you can respond to those as well. Worth setting it up as a back up if you have unlimited to huge number of texts in allowances.
- By BeaverJuicer in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 36Last Post: 07-26-2013, 10:15 PM
- By Korey5 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 8Last Post: 01-20-2013, 10:03 AM
- By St_Deborah in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 5Last Post: 12-07-2012, 12:40 PM
- By keyboardP in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 8Last Post: 06-17-2012, 12:49 AM
- By Chris Coyle in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 04-04-2012, 04:56 PM