Force screen lock

curiousgeorge

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have my phone setup with a pin and to require it after 15mins of no activity. So far I like it. But I'd like to be able to force the screen to lock on demand. Is there a swipe gesture to do that, or any way at all?

curiousgeorge

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Um, is there some lock button I am unaware of? If you mean the power button, no that doesn't do it. The 15 minute password timeout subverts that.

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
i Think you want it set to 15 Minutes if you do nothing and if you do a gesture or press a button it should lock?

If thats the case: Thats not Possible on WP8

pieman666

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
set your screen time out to 15 mins, and require password to each time (top of the list of choices). Then a tap on the power button will put the screen lock on, and you will still need a password to unlock and after 15 mins of inactivity your screen will lock and you will need a password to unlock.

curiousgeorge

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate the idea but that is really not what I am after. I like a reasonably short screen timeout to keep battery life in check. But I hate it when I need to enter a password every time I want to use my phone, thus the 15 minute password interval. But then there are times when say I am going to set my phone down and I want it to require a password if someone else turns it on. So I'd like a simple way to lock the phone on demand.

I just may have to see if I can create a simple app to do that.

Scott Isaacs

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
It's not ideal, but here's a workaround for Windows Phone 8: Launch Kids Corner, either from the tile or from your Lock screen. Then press the power button to turn off the screen. Next time you try to use the phone, your PIN will be required.

Not as convenient as a "lock now" feature, but it does get the job done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa