Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. WhippedKream's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    323 Posts
       #1  
    I currently have an HTC 8X, the 8GB as you could've guessed from the title. I was just wondering how to perhaps save up on space. So far, I have 179 songs on it, which covers around 1.1 GB, and 36 apps, an about 2 games and 1 SNES roms game. I post a lot of recordings I make on SkyDrive and stuff to save space, but are the other ways to save space (I.e. Apps on SkyDrive?). I have 3 GB free still but ya, it would be nice to know now than never. THANKS!
  2. moegumby's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    116 Posts
    Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    #2  
    If you have a computer setup a Plex server and stream all your movies and songs from home.
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
  3. Mystictrust's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    982 Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by moegumby View Post
    If you have a computer setup a Plex server and stream all your movies and songs from home.
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    I agree with this... or if you have an Xbox Music subscription and Windows 8 you could cloud match your songs and stream them instead of having them locally.

    Periodically cleaning out your browsing history could be a good idea as well.

    You may have 3 Gb free now, but eventually "Other" will creep up on you.
  4. WhippedKream's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    323 Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystictrust View Post
    I agree with this... or if you have an Xbox Music subscription and Windows 8 you could cloud match your songs and stream them instead of having them locally.

    Periodically cleaning out your browsing history could be a good idea as well.

    You may have 3 Gb free now, but eventually "Other" will creep up on you.
    yeah what is others?! And I don't use data plans :( I have WiFi everywhere I go (except while commuting). So I need those songs
  5. Mystictrust's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    982 Posts
    #5  
    I think of Other as a temp file storage space that has horrible management and generally doesn't have files deleted from it, even though they should be.

    You don't need a mobile data plan from your carrier to stream anything from anywhere... WiFi is your data connection so if you're on WiFi then stream away. I mean really, you could remove the sim card, connect to WiFi on the phone, and still stream and use the phone as normal... Aside from calls and texts of course.

    Although if you listen to those songs while commuting without WiFi, then yeah you might wanna keep them on there.
    Thanked by:
  6. JerseySal's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    604 Posts
    Global Posts
    612 Global Posts
    #6  
    I do it by realizing that centuries before the invention of the mobile device, mankind as somehow managed to make it through their days without a ****ing phone.
    ~Sal
    Thanked by:
  7. WhippedKream's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    323 Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseySal View Post
    I do it by realizing that centuries before the invention of the mobile device, mankind as somehow managed to make it through their days without a ****ing phone.
    Hahaha honestly, this made my day. I thought this way as well while writing this. I said to myself "Man... I am so needy, when people don't even have such things, or even real memory on their phones." I guess it's just the music issue that bothers me :P. Thanks tho
  8. WhippedKream's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    323 Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystictrust View Post
    I think of Other as a temp file storage space that has horrible management and generally doesn't have files deleted from it, even though they should be.

    You don't need a mobile data plan from your carrier to stream anything from anywhere... WiFi is your data connection so if you're on WiFi then stream away. I mean really, you could remove the sim card, connect to WiFi on the phone, and still stream and use the phone as normal... Aside from calls and texts of course.

    Although if you listen to those songs while commuting without WiFi, then yeah you might wanna keep them on there.
    yeah I commute often and those songs are my gems for making those commute rides tolerable, especially when reading on my phone. But yeah, I don't know how to approach these other files because apparently, they have 1GB in my phone, and I don't even know why or how!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-06-2012, 01:28 AM
  2. How do I make the WP7 dial BB ready numbers
    By ncalsuz in forum HTC Trophy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-08-2012, 10:15 PM
  3. How do you make the status bar stay down.
    By Silverdogz in forum Samsung Focus S 4G
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-20-2011, 12:19 AM

Posting Permissions