Email attachment

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes my friend. MP3's, MP4's and various documents can be sent and opened as attachments in emails on Windows Phone. Tap on the attachment once to download, then tap on it again to open it.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Depends...are they being sent to you or are you wanting to send them. From the email app, the only thing you can attach to an email is a picture/video file. To send other types of files, it has to be supported in the ap that is associated with that file type using the "share" function.

As for receiving files, as long as you have an app that will open the file you receive, the attachment is supported.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I'd already answered this question in my first reply. You can open MP3's as an email attachment
Since opening email attachments provides the whole picture of emailing mp3s...

Can they be emailed from the phone? I assume that is what he is asking since I covered other items above in my reply.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Since opening email attachments provides the whole picture of emailing mp3s...

Can they be emailed from the phone? I assume that is what he is asking since I covered other items above in my reply.

Amazingly and surprisingly enough, yes. I just tried it. You have to go to the song in the Music app, and long press on song, then share it.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Be mindful when sharing pictures and videos as email attachments. Windows phone will compress the files thus lowering their quality. It's best to upload them to Skydrive and share the link to them so the recipient can enjoy the original quality.

Darren Netto

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I have received an email for a song(mp3) , Where does this get stored ? Why do I have to go to my email hub to play it ? It is not available in the music and Videos hub

Darren Netto

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar problem , I have received an email for a song(mp3) , Where does this get stored ? Why do I have to go to my email hub to play it ? It is not available in the music and Videos hub

RyseO

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I found a workaround for finding an mp3 or whatever file from an email on your phone! Just go to hotmail or whatever mail u use through the browser! You will be able to download the attachment from there and find it on the phone in the,right application( music for mp3s). Pleasure is mine;)

Aziz Shaik

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys I don't know whether this query already answered..

Am just wondering how to attach a file to Gmail when we are replying ? I tried but its points to pics folder.. No option I see ... Please help me.. Recently switched from Android.. WP irritating me much..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss