Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. s03

Does wp support documents,mp3s,videos as attachment in emails??

Global Posts
    1,063 Global Posts
    Yes my friend. MP3's, MP4's and various documents can be sent and opened as attachments in emails on Windows Phone. Tap on the attachment once to download, then tap on it again to open it.
    Thanked by:
    s03 

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    Depends...are they being sent to you or are you wanting to send them. From the email app, the only thing you can attach to an email is a picture/video file. To send other types of files, it has to be supported in the ap that is associated with that file type using the "share" function.

As for receiving files, as long as you have an app that will open the file you receive, the attachment is supported.
    Thanked by:
    s03 
  4. s03

What about mp3s?

Global Posts
    1,063 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s03 View Post
    What about mp3s?
    I'd already answered this question in my first reply. You can open MP3's as an email attachment
    Thanked by:
    s03 

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelGummage View Post
    I'd already answered this question in my first reply. You can open MP3's as an email attachment
    Since opening email attachments provides the whole picture of emailing mp3s...

Can they be emailed from the phone? I assume that is what he is asking since I covered other items above in my reply.
    Thanked by:
    s03 

Quote Originally Posted by philpeeps View Post
    Since opening email attachments provides the whole picture of emailing mp3s...

Can they be emailed from the phone? I assume that is what he is asking since I covered other items above in my reply.
    Amazingly and surprisingly enough, yes. I just tried it. You have to go to the song in the Music app, and long press on song, then share it.

Global Posts
    1,063 Global Posts
    Be mindful when sharing pictures and videos as email attachments. Windows phone will compress the files thus lowering their quality. It's best to upload them to Skydrive and share the link to them so the recipient can enjoy the original quality.
    Thanked by:
    s03 

I just email mp3 and it indeed downloaded. But where does it Save it on the phone? So we can get back and listen to the song again?

I have received an email for a song(mp3) , Where does this get stored ? Why do I have to go to my email hub to play it ? It is not available in the music and Videos hub

Global Posts
    1,063 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren Netto View Post
    I have received an email for a song(mp3) , Where does this get stored ? Why do I have to go to my email hub to play it ? It is not available in the music and Videos hub
    You can't save MP3's that have been sent as email attachments. Just another OS limitation.

I have a similar problem , I have received an email for a song(mp3) , Where does this get stored ? Why do I have to go to my email hub to play it ? It is not available in the music and Videos hub

I found a workaround for finding an mp3 or whatever file from an email on your phone! Just go to hotmail or whatever mail u use through the browser! You will be able to download the attachment from there and find it on the phone in the,right application( music for mp3s). Pleasure is mine;)

Hi guys I don't know whether this query already answered..

Am just wondering how to attach a file to Gmail when we are replying ? I tried but its points to pics folder.. No option I see ... Please help me.. Recently switched from Android.. WP irritating me much..