My new fear now... HTC 8X

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I just recently jumped on the bandwagon for the WP8 after having heard the LG Optimus 7 would never receive their updates and vouched never to go for LG's EVER. I'm scared of the same thing happening now reading all those comments about HTC ditching the HD7 :/ I have an HTC 8X and I adore it, especially the beats audio and the beautiful design (although 8GB is a bit small). I'm just afraid now that I may have invested badly :/ any thoughts? (P.S. I bought this phone off Kijiji for ridiculously cheap, that's why I highly considered it, and I'm an audiophile).

unkleknuklefunk

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
My last phone was a wp7 HTC titan one of the nicest phones I have ever owned bit at&t and HTC never updated it so I switched to a l920 and,I get updates for it all the time that's one of the main reasons I chose Nokia this time around cause of the apps and Nokia actually supports there phones after release like no other company ever has (at least in my experience) plus I have owned many of nokias older phones back in the day so I had a pretty good idea it would be a quality product . I mean I've had portico for my Nokia for over a month and HTC still hasn't release it for the 8x, unacceptable!

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
No need to worry, MS has guaranteed support and updates for all new WP devices for a MINIMUM of 18 months after release. That's possibly 6 months (18 in Canada) that your phone would no longer receive updates, but of course that's in theory.

My last phone was a wp7 HTC titan one of the nicest phones I have ever owned bit at&t and HTC never updated it so I switched to a l920 and,I get updates for it all the time that's one of the main reasons I chose Nokia this time around cause of the apps and Nokia actually supports there phones after release like no other company ever has (at least in my experience) plus I have owned many of nokias older phones back in the day so I had a pretty good idea it would be a quality product . I mean I've had portico for my Nokia for over a month and HTC still hasn't release it for the 8x, unacceptable!

I've had portico on my 8X for a little bit over a month now and just installed another firmware update today.

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
No need to worry, MS has guaranteed support and updates for all new WP devices for a MINIMUM of 18 months after release. That's possibly 6 months (18 in Canada) that your phone would no longer receive updates, but of course that's in theory.

I've had portico on my 8X for a little bit over a month now and just installed another firmware update today.

Thank you for your input but yeah, I live in Canada as well and I'm just hoping it lasts longer than 2 years (ideally) because honestly, It's tough coughing up this money. I got extremely lucky by finding this price on Kijiji, and probably wont be able to sell this phone for much afterwards haha.

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Really man? I'm with Rogers and from what I read on websites, I have portico (8.0.10211.204). I always hated bell... And will continue to. Fido is the way to go for me, but I just bought a Rogers phone to make life simpler (off kijiji of course) since no windows phone are offered on Fido :'(.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft also promised an enthusiast program to bypass carriers, and its latest update is still only trickling out, two months after it first shipped.

Welcome back to NoDo, 2011.

StantheManLee

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Yep me too. 8x on Bell with no updates yet. The problem is not HTC, it's Bell Canada! NEVER go with Bell or you will regret it....and that's a promise!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo