WP8 Calendar only shows past 2 weeks?

Luke Kailburn

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My calendar app on my 920 only shows the past 2 weeks of events. I looked through the app and in settings and cannot see any option to change this. Is this really what they preprogrammed into the app? I'm a consultant and live off my calendar. The inability to go back on my phone and look through schedules is crazy to me. :-( The other thing that is an annoyance is when opening the calendar app it automatically opens to my next appointment time slot.I can see how some would prefer this, but for me I would rather have the calendar set to open to NOW, this point in time, on the calendar. A minor issue but one that should be selectable.

Anyone know of a way to show more than 2 weeks of events?

-Luke

pieman666

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm afraid not, according to the windowsphone site it's not changeable. Using calendars | Windows Phone How-to (United Kingdom)
You could recur your meetings for every year, which would keep them available in the past, however that is a poor fix for this problem, if you are using outlook then you can set the recuring to be every 10 years, can't test if that works but it should...

the 10 years probably won't work as the forward date has to be on your calender and mine only appears to run 18 months in advance.

You would need to add the date of the actual meeting to save confusion in a years time, or edit all your 6 month + old entries back to single events.

Last edited:

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
hey hey,

sry for using your thread Luke, but I don't get it... I am using my 7 Pro (WP7.8) for about 20 months now and I always could see all the entries older than 2 weeks (About 2 months ago I wanted to check when I bought the phone and didn't know how to get that information. I was in a train without any internet connection, so the only way to know how old my phone is was to check for the first entry on my calendar. That worked just fine... and as I said...at that time my phone was about 18 months old...so I was able to see all the calendar entries (normal ones, not only the repetitive ones) I ever made...)

So... now I am not able to do that any more... today is the 26th. and only the repetitive entries are visible if I want to see the ones prior the 13. April... wtf? It just does not make any sense...

I really hope Microsoft solves this issue...

BigDTexas

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Instead of wasting their time building a phone that has a 41 megapixel camera, how about a phone that allows a businessperson to see what he did more than 2 weeks ago. This is LUDICROUS!

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Instead of wasting their time building a phone that has a 41 megapixel camera, how about a phone that allows a businessperson to see what he did more than 2 weeks ago. This is LUDICROUS!

Here is a link to a great calendar app that you may find to work for you. i use it and it's very good and can be set to go back as far as you want or go forward. the views and live tiles work great. i have tried just about every app out there and i think it's the greatest. this app is allways being updated, I work with the delvoper in a beta verison and if you have any questions he is quick to respond.
Hope this helps.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...-week-view-8-calendar-update-coming-soon.html
Week View 8 | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)

Last edited:

Wingerr

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Download Chronos Calendar. Problem solved with customization.
I just realized this characteristic of the two week limitation when things I entered were disappearing from view as soon as I enter them, only to find they were still actually saved in the Google calendars.
I decided to just not use the phone implementation of the calendar and just use the Google calendar.
That allows for full view of all past events as well as search for event keywords. Drawback is that an internet connection is required, but that's not usually a problem since either Wi-Fi or cellular connections will be active.
Wonder what the rationale for the limitation is. Maybe to reduce processor workload or memory usage creep.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)