Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    2,716 Global Posts
    Just interested to find out how often people change their start screen layouts. Im not talking about accent colour, how often do you shift your tiles around making some larger than others, some smaller, trying to achieve some sort of symmetry. Personally I must shift everything round and change accent colour once a week just to keep the style fresh. Has anyone settled on one layout since receiving your phone or are their any obsessive compulsives out their on a daily change spree.

I'm changing colors and layout at least once a week. :)
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,299 Global Posts
    I haven't really changed my layout in about a month.

I set mine within the first couple days and havent changed it. Im sure ill change it when i get some more apps i use more frequently, but i like to keep the start screen fairly simple and like to know where things are. If i start changing things around, teh things i need wont be where im used to them being and ill be confused.

Maybe im estupid

Shawn

Very limited changes... Only when required.... Once a month

Global Posts
    2,716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinalyx View Post
    I set mine within the first couple days and havent changed it. Im sure ill change it when i get some more apps i use more frequently, but i like to keep the start screen fairly simple and like to know where things are. If i start changing things around, teh things i need wont be where im used to them being and ill be confused.

Maybe im estupid

Shawn
    Some of my changes arent anything major but enough that people notice when they see my screen - it can be a case of having 4 small tiles in a row followed by 2 medium followed by 4 small in a row and so on. Then a week later I have 4 small in a group to the left with a medium to the right follwed by the opposite on the next row - the content of whats there very rarely changes. I just seem to get bored with one style then shift to another.
    I set mine the first couple days and kept it the same since. Only time I change is when I get a new app I prefer pinned to the start, for instance snowboard season I'm checking the weather and slope conditions more frequently. Football season I keep my nfl apps pinned.

most everything else stays the same, maybe shoved up down left or right a little to make room for my seasonal apps!
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

I'm changing the color once a week but that's it.
    My 8x is purple (technically blue, but everybody says it looks purple) so I keep my theme purple. All about them Baltimore Ravens! ;D
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts
    I change the layout often on this sexy device to distract people from my hiddeousness.
    ~Sal

Don't change the overall layout that often, but will add/remove albums for quick access. Saves time from having to enter the Music hub.

Global Posts
    7,539 Global Posts
    Now I have a layout I like, and I think I keep it. But in the beginning I was playing around with it at least every day ;)

...I still change the color often.

I change colors once every one of two weeks. Layout not very often, probably once a month.

I play with colors almost once a week but always end up back at the same two colors. I set the screen layout once and haven't changed it since. I've experimented but I still like my current setup.

Global Posts
    2,912 Global Posts
    I change colours. Not layout

First week I was constantly moving things around, now I have the perfect setup and haven't changed it in over a month
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,716 Global Posts
    Interesting so far - should have maybe made it a poll.

Change it probably 8 times, and I've only had it for 12 hours.

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    About once a month after I get bored with it or add a new app which causes me to rearrange some tiles

LOL I change my lockscreen and layout all the time, depending on the mood I'm in and what crazy picture tiles I've made. Currently my lockscreen is a pissed off Cookie monster with fruit in front of him. I keep changing my start screen tiles, but keep the general groupings the same, utilities, people, news, entertainment, interspersed with pictures tiles I've made that might make people think I've lost my mind. But it makes me smile, and that's all that matters to me. They're just jealous that THEIR phone can't do that hahaha :)
    sent from my white Lumia 1020

Global Posts
    793 Global Posts
    I changed it once since I got it set up, and that was only because I realized I could group contacts and check only THOSE people's FB/Twitter updates. besides that, only a few times because I'd uninstall something and see a "hole" in my screen. I change my theme color AT LEAST 2x a week, but usually almost daily.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Not often. Maybe once a month or less.
    I changed it 3 times since the day I got it (1 month now) I had it pre-set in my mind before I get the phone, call me crazy but I even draw it on paper to see how it WILL look when I get the phone, and I'm sure I'm not the only one in here XD. Tell me guys if you did the same..

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    hourly it seems :)

the layout has been pretty much the same since i got it, unless i get a new app that i use often i may change it around a little... Only thing i change once a week or 2 are the colours..