Multiple email accounts and inboxes

architxt

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I haven't got a Windows 8 Phone yet and are doing my research to see how I can set things up.

I've done a bit of an audit of my email accounts and need to be able to achieve the following, ideally via three or four separate inboxes

1. Manage my personal email (POP), that I am currently doing via a personal Gmail account
  2. Manage multiple POP emails for my freelance work, that I am currently doing via separate Gmail account
  3. Manage a specific project email (POP), that I am currently doing via separate Gmail account
  4. Manage my day job emails via an Exchange account

So at the moment I have 3 Gmail accounts and an Outlook one.

Happy to migrate over to Outlook.com and ditch Gmail altogether if this makes things easier.

Thanks,

Lawrence

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Speaking in general terms not specific to the provider/protocol, yes each acct you set up can be pinned separately as individual accounts. And you can also link whichever ones you want into a merged view.

architxt

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your help :)

I've started migrating stuff over to outlook.com - a couple of personal email accounts (these from 2 domains I own and not Gmail or Outllok accounts).

Does this mean that if I then access that outlook account on my (future) Lumia I will have access to these two email accounts, just as I have in outlook.com?

architxt

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
On a related note, I'd like to use the Win 8 Mail app to access my mail too. But I can't seem to connect to the Hotmail account. It tells me that I am connected already, so the I can't add the account. Perhaps this is because I'm signing in my PC using the same MS account?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077