Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Just when you thought the sh** can't get any worse, BlackBerry picks it up on puts it in a blender. This is the android app running in emulation in BB10.

Global Posts
    2,218 Global Posts
    Doesn't matter. They still have it.
    HTC Droid Incredible(2 replacements) --> Nokia Lumia 900(Briefly)/Apple iPhone 4s --> Nokia Lumia 920(3 replacements) --> BlackBerry Z10(2 replacements) --> HTC One(3 replacements) --> Samsung Galaxy S4(Briefly) --> iPhone 5 --> iPhone 6+

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I went from WP7 to Android and now WP8 and I don't miss any apps I had on Android. Apps are cool but its all about the core experience to me.
    RSM for VZW
    Phone history: HTC Trophy, Droid Razr, Curve 9370, HTC Rezound, HTC 8X Blue, HTC 8X VZW Employee Edition, LG Intuition, Nokia Lumia 928 White, LG G2, Droid Ultra VZW Employee Edition, iPhone 5S

I'm hoping that MSFT is not only waiting for MWC to announce WP8.1 but to announce that Pandora, Instagram, Temple Run, and an official FB app are now available. MWC would be a good platform to announce these things instead of letting the apps trickle out one by one.
    HTC One
    Nokia Lumia 521

Global Posts
    2,218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Honestabebread View Post
    I went from WP7 to Android and now WP8 and I don't miss any apps I had on Android. Apps are cool but its all about the core experience to me.
    And that's totally cool! Seriously. I am the same way but we want this platform to explode! Can't do that when most people like apps though :(

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I suppose it take longer time than expected to get all the top apps. But that are not a big issue for me.
    Instead of Instagram you can use Lomogram etc..
    In general Blackberry 10 will have same problem:
    It's tough to find even 50 good BB10 apps in BlackBerry World | ZDNet

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts
    What does 'core experience' mean ?
    awwwww how sweeeeeet. thanks !

Global Posts
    1,876 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdhooghe View Post
    You all can keep saying, "the apps are coming" all you want but that doesn't make it true. BB10 has instragram now: Photo by crackberrykevin • Instagram . This was pulled from the WP8 forum into the BB subforum where no one goes.
    Yep, a converted Android app....gota worry now...
    XV6700(Apache)>XV6800->HTC Touch Pro 2(XV6875) ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)

Global Posts
    2,218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
    Yep, a converted Android app....gota worry now...
    Not sure if it is a port or not but at least it is there. My fiance loves my phone yet I had to honestly tell her that instagram wasn't on there and couldn't recommend her getting a 920 because it didn't allow HER to do what SHE wanted. Not you DavidinCT, but her. Do you think you can wrap your mind around the fact that not everyone is like you and wants the same things as you? It's there and it is functional. It is not Lomogram or any other of the knockoffs that have no users except for WP8 users.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Hey, I'm on board totally with WP8 and the Lumia 920. I believe that the potential is in place for great things from the platform. I do believe that its rise will be more of a marathon instead of a sprint. With that being said, I've been an Android guy from the start. and I do believe that Sammys GS3 (which I owned before the NL920), is, quite simply, the finest high end smartphone on the market, bar none. And mine was rooted and running CM10 as well. I'll never have another android device that is not rooted. It's fairly easy to do, and it puts the device on another level, entirely, over any other device. But with that being said, I'm absolutely loving everything about WP8 and the Lumia 920. I think we have a winner.
    Nokia Lumia 1520 8.1 cyan......The official smartphone of the 'Dark Knight'.
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    2,799 Global Posts
    You all can keep saying, "the apps are coming" all you want but that doesn't make it true. BB10 has instragram now: Photo by crackberrykevin • Instagram . This was pulled from the WP8 forum into the BB subforum where no one goes.
    Will it be there at launch? WP pulled some stints like that too (Angry Bird Roost anyone?)
    Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...

Global Posts
    2,799 Global Posts
    I'm not saying be a blind fanboy. I'm not saying dedicate your life to one platform. But by all means, please move on to another if it bothers you this much. I mean seriously, I've been a member of this forum for YEARS and the top threads are all about complaining about what we don't have. Sure complaining about things that aren't working could be useful for us to try and work through, but this? THIS? It doesn't help anyone, and especially not the purpose of this forum. It's the main reason why I don't post here as much, even if I have an iP5. Trust me, I was frustrated about things like everyone else, but I also made the decision of moving on. Silently
    Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...

How is their implementation of Instagram? Is it like that of Android and or IOS? Do you know?

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by simonnyc View Post
    I'm hoping that MSFT is not only waiting for MWC to announce WP8.1 but to announce that Pandora, Instagram, Temple Run, and an official FB app are now available. MWC would be a good platform to announce these things instead of letting the apps trickle out one by one.
    Ah too bad they are not even in this list: http://www.mobileworldcongress.com/2013-exhibitors/ -_-
    Developer

temple run :/ :(

Global Posts
    668 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kanisian View Post
    Ah too bad they are not even in this list: 2013 Exhibitors | Mobile World Congress 2013 -_-
    It was confirmed in an earlier article that Elop was a keynote speaker at MWC.

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cckgz4 View Post
    I'm not saying be a blind fanboy. I'm not saying dedicate your life to one platform. But by all means, please move on to another if it bothers you this much. I mean seriously, I've been a member of this forum for YEARS and the top threads are all about complaining about what we don't have. Sure complaining about things that aren't working could be useful for us to try and work through, but this? THIS? It doesn't help anyone, and especially not the purpose of this forum. It's the main reason why I don't post here as much, even if I have an iP5. Trust me, I was frustrated about things like everyone else, but I also made the decision of moving on. Silently
    The platform can't grow without someone pointing out the flaws, and fantastics. Then the weight is on the platform/devs and off the users.

Silence is golden.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
    What does 'core experience' mean ?
    It means that how WP8 functions out of the box is a million times better than how Android functions out of the box.
    RSM for VZW
    Phone history: HTC Trophy, Droid Razr, Curve 9370, HTC Rezound, HTC 8X Blue, HTC 8X VZW Employee Edition, LG Intuition, Nokia Lumia 928 White, LG G2, Droid Ultra VZW Employee Edition, iPhone 5S

Its going to make matters worse if that pics proves true and BB10 has Instigram out the gate. That will make WP/MS look like jokes and tick off alot of users.

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Raghav77 View Post
    temple run :/ :(
    rag doll run. Great alternative

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts
    It means that how WP8 functions out of the box is a million times better than how Android functions out of the box.
    Ok, its a personal preference. I thought I was missing a new buzz-phrase definition at first. Thanked.

Quote Originally Posted by ttsoldier View Post
    rag doll run. Great alternative
    That game is pretty barebones with very basic graphics and lame music.
    Reasons for lack of apps on WP platform are simple:
    1. Microsoft lacks serious intent
    2. Developers hate Microsoft

Why I say so?
    Microsoft is busy with many things...Windows 8, tablets, phones many things..its loosing focus...why else then Nokia can come up with better apps than MS??

It looks like developers really hate MS...why else then despite growth in WP market, developers are still refusing to develop popular apps...MS has to do some serious trust building!!
    Also refer to this link which hints at Instagram for BB10 and no news yet for WP8...what does this mean??
    Dear Microsoft: Get off your lazy arse and get Instagram on WP (MS, do developers hate you?) #Rant : My Nokia Blog[/url][/URL]

MS has too seriously get their act together...am really hopeful about some positive news during Mobile World Congress...

Lack of news during the congress will be bad news for all windows phone users..
    Thanked by:
    aubreyq likes this.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I can find enough apps in the windows store to keep me happy. The one bug I have with Windows is finding a way to create a "playlist." I can use CloudMuzik and it works ok but I go to a gym with a weak WiFi signal. So I need a playlist on my phone but man what a chore! Any thoughts?

I Love Nokia, but WP is dead! Can't wait until Nokia cuts ties with Microsoft and teams with Android.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast