Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bill Reed

Has anyone heard any updates on this? Verizon stripped capability for group messaging from the Windows 8 HTC phone and I still have not heard anything clear cut as to why or if this will be included in an update in the future. Some assumed they release an app and charge for this capability but I have not heard anything on this recently. I was actually in the store the other day and was casually talking to the manager of the store. I asked her "Hey do you know why group texting capability was stripped from this phone". Her clever response :"Ummmmm because it is annoying and dumb". HAHAHA

Global Posts
    1,444 Global Posts
    because verizon dumb.

Verizon customer service told me that Windows Phone does support such technology. I told him that was BS cause AT&T has and all he said he doesn't think that is correct.
    jlzimmerman likes this.

Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    Verizon disabled group messaging from WP because they want customers to use "Verizon Messages." I believe they tried to do the same thing with Android with Honeycomb or ICS. The kicker is that VERIZON DOESN'T HAVE THAT APP FOR WP. Shocker.

Also see: https://community.verizonwireless.co.../932717#932717

I suggest putting in a ticket with Verizon. Venting here, while I understand completely, does nothing.
    Microsoft does not read these Forums. Please go to the Windows Phone Suggestion Site and make your voice be heard.
    Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reed View Post
    Verizon customer service told me that Windows Phone does support such technology. I told him that was BS cause AT&T has and all he said he doesn't think that is correct.
    Go back and tell him that T-mobile allows group texting on WP8. I do it all the time with my coworkers.
    Guz

iPhone 3G (broken)
    Blackberry 6320 (retired)
    Lumia 810 (current)