- 02-01-2013, 11:23 PM #26
I don't know about anybody else but I just want some progress out of MS on WP8 front. Right now I would take updates with problems just so I don't feel like this is going to be another WP7. It's been four months and MS has fixed WiFi issue. At this rate some time around 2015 our 8 issues may have some sort of resolution. Or at least whichever 8 issues MS deems important. MS has until May when my upgrade is due to make some progress or I'm out. First go around with WP and I like the start and see the potential, but there are better options out there and if MS doesn't get moving they will never catch up.
02-01-2013, 11:47 PM #27
- 129 Posts
I'd expected MS would have taken care of these with the launch of WP 8... or else what was point of OS refresh. The only thing they pulled off is to port NT kernel with 7.5 features... MS is light years late to the part. Adding to the above 8 points, I'd love to have smart dialing option... Please Please I need it badly.... Look at the number of app for alternative dialers and number of downloads. Doesn't it tell something to MS?
- 02-02-2013, 01:28 AM #29
1. As stated several times before: Notification Center.
2. Maybe not a background image, but under messaging, put the contact picture of the person you are texting in the background.
3. Xbox Music seamless sync to Zune plus Bring back Zune Social.
4. Official Apps: Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc.
5. Bluetooth settings (Device Name, etc.)
6. FTP and File Manager
7. Stop charging developers to put an app in the market.
8. Function Mobile view on IE. It doesn't always work.
9. More functional Calendar, better sync with Gmail calendar.
10. Folders, more like the games app. Tile for several tiles.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
- 02-02-2013, 03:41 AM #31
1) Notifications center. I mean, I know its coming but asap please.
2) Toasts for the messaging center to be smarter. Sometimes when you get like 10 lines of a chat from someone at once it keeps displaying notifications up the top even when you have opened the messaging app. It would be nice to see the os be a bit smarter.
3) The ability to "swipe away" or "swipe up" to get rid of the volume/now playing bar would be great
4) Separate volume levels for music/the rest of the phone sounds/headphone and speaker levels
5) Gapless music playing
6) "Swipe down" or add an x to close background apps while in the card view (holding the back button)
7) Custom SMS/MSG tones per contact (I used this all the time before its great to know how urgent the message is before you run to the phone)
8) Fix Facebook integration. Better like management in the people hub with facebook and more reliable delivery of facebook messages from the messaging app. currently like management though a pretty shallow thing to care about is still socially relevant and its implementation is kind of spotty leaving you to have to pop out to the really slow facebook app to manage further. Also being able to see "seen at" messages from the facebook side is really important.
And just a note to Nokia, please get your Nokia transit app updated to work properly in Perth WA. I used to rely on google maps heavily for that and seeing as thats not coming any time soon getting it sorted asap would be amazing.
Oh yeah, also rotation lock button in the volume menu or somewhere convenient. Get on it MS, really important.
And lastly Better playlist management/creation within the music app. Having to make one in itunes and then sync it over is not ideal. :/
Last edited by xWisp; 02-02-2013 at 04:08 AM.
02-02-2013, 03:43 AM #32
- 144 Posts
I'm still baffled at the amount of people that want Instragram.. I really....really don't understand what's this important about Instagram..geez..
What I like to see is:
1) Better agenda
Uh..that's about it :P
EDIT: ah yes, Facebook...for all my friends..bwuhahaha
- 02-02-2013, 06:44 AM #35
Number one biggest feature for me is the ability to disable the stupid search button. I can't tell u the number of times I have been taken out of some app because I apparently touch that area of my phone. I swear its so sensitive I can just look at it and Bing comes up. Lol.
- 02-02-2013, 07:39 AM #36
I like the improved office features too. Maybe the ability to print documents via NFC? Smart dialing from the dialpad would be nice too. Again, small stuff they can add eventually but stuff I hope that they get around to.
Oh, and perhaps any diagonal swipe to kill an app instead of that dreaded "x".
02-02-2013, 07:54 AM #38
- 6 Posts
1. Gapless playback. Surely that's not a hard thing to implement?! It's incredible that this isn't a standard feature nowadays. I transferred from iOS to W8P expecting gapless playback to be standard across all phones. Amazed that I was wrong about that.
2. My phone often starts playing music through the speaker when I unplug the headphones. Why?! That bug needs sorting (although I think I read somewhere that they had fixed that in the latest update which I am yet to recieve). Speaking of which...
3. Speed up their updates rollout. I'm on Vodafone UK and I'm STILL waiting for the Portico update. Why?!
4. Although not a bug, I would LOVE it if they could implement support for Airplay. I listen to alot of music and I loved playing music to my hifi from my phone over WiFi via Airplay. My Windows laptop can support Airplay by either using iTunes or Airfoil. I'm not sure if there's some licensing reason why they couldn't do this, but I hope they can. Or maybe some clever app developer could develop a music player that supports it. AND gapless playback?!?
- 02-02-2013, 07:56 AM #39
Notification center ( good idea is to be a part of ME tile, u see the number of notifications,and swipe left to see them).
More effort to provide quality apps, its not acceptable that we are still running the major apps In 7.x format.
More customization options for ringtones and sound profile, and we need to control media and system volume level separately.
And lastly the ability to close apps from the multitask view.
02-02-2013, 08:37 AM #40
- 58 Posts
1. Calendar search from within the calendar (yeah, I know there is an app for it, but it should be built in and work like the email search)
2. Expanded email attachments, in particular PDF files. Ideally, this would permit attachment of a PDF from within the email app; less ideally, allow the Reader app (or any PDF app) to "share" PDF's via email.
3. Full pinch to zoom in calendar and improve the day view to allow for 15 minute increments; I have a lot of lengthy appointments and overlapping appointments.
4. Decrease font in the Xbox Music and/or permit wrapping so you can see the name of the album and/or track in its entirety. The annoying truncation of album names and tracks has been around since the Zune HD, and it is really, really frustrating.
5. Universal search (search contacts, appointments, files, and apps)
6. Smaller font/higher information density on pop-up reminders and alerts
7. Landscape view of start screen, which comes in handy when using the phone in cradle as a GPS unit.
02-02-2013, 09:18 AM #41
- 271 Posts
- get the big name apps to the platform, instagram etc. and bring some updates to facebook
- search (make it able to search all over the phone, but also maybe change search enginge, even though thats not going to happen)
- notification center
- spotify or fix xbox music (or both, but I would much rather have a spotify app, but the xbox music could use a fix, it should be faster, better search results and the ability to edit playlists)
- rotation lock (hate it when I lay in bed and the screen rotates)
- new accent colors and/or even background colors (instead of black and white)
02-02-2013, 09:23 AM #42
- 727 Posts
It would serve MS well if they actually informed current and potential users of what is coming. With so many things missing or screwy, many users are a bit unhappy and potential users are turned off. With much uncertainty of if we're getting this or that, it would make sense for all for MS to come out with some statement to give us confidence. Right now, I have little confidence because I have no clue what they're doing and how committed they are to WP. Are they or are they not going to be as committed as Apple is to the iPhone? Tell us if you are.
02-02-2013, 09:29 AM #43
- 144 Posts
Anyways, my main point is: Other company are not doing this either? There is not a single word out for Key Lime Pie (Android 5.0). I also haven't heard a single thing about iOS 7(okay 6 has just come out, but let's stick to the point being). You can only promise your customers something when you've almost build something. If you can't keep promises you've made, you'll be harder dropped by the audience than when you keep silent for a month extra.
I do hope they will announce something at the WMC. Just have faith
02-02-2013, 11:03 AM #45
- 264 Posts
I would really like to see the ability to create profiles within our Live accounts that work across devices, Such as Work and Home.
I like the fact that all my stuff syncs across all my Windows devices, however I would like to be able to toggle to a different profile to control what syncs and even alter the tile layout.
- 02-02-2013, 11:33 AM #46
I'm surprised no one's pointed this out so far but the Number 1 thing MS absolutely *needs* to fix in WP8 right now is the horrid "others" folder which keeps eating into our (limited) storage.
My 820 hit the ceiling last night with 532MB free space, 3.8gigs of "Others" and no space to install Sonic CD.
(I finally had to remove some apps to make space)
I hope someone from WPCentral at WMC corners an MS person and press them till they confess when they're fixing this
02-02-2013, 11:42 AM #47
- 58 Posts
I would like to see a 'snooze' function on volume ringer / vibrate. I don't believe I have seen this in other phones (maybe it exists and I don't know about it). So essentially what it is that - you got to one hour meeting and turn off the volume (or put it on vibrate) - there are times when you forget to turn up the volume!
With this functionality, one should be able to turn off the volume for a specified time and then just like an alarm function the phone can remind to turn on the volume or snooze (in case of extended meetings).
- 02-02-2013, 01:03 PM #48
-better Twitter and facebook integration so i dont have to use apps,
-better connection with xbox and w8,
-little features like select all within apps and forward button in ie10, more camera options like editing.
-being able to access apps from lockscreen,
-separate volume controls.
- By rakeshrai in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 13Last Post: 10-31-2012, 03:08 PM
- By praveen gadipelly in forum Developers CornerReplies: 4Last Post: 07-06-2012, 03:32 AM
- By Jason Ward in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 12-03-2011, 01:58 AM
- By Bearach in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 10-04-2011, 06:15 PM
- By Winterfang in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 35Last Post: 05-24-2011, 02:08 PM