- 02-04-2013, 03:12 AM #76
Agree with most of the above but having read about syncing your itunes library to WP8 my biggest gripe right now is Xbox Music. Dear God what a nightmare! Have an aging 32gb ipod touch 3rd gen and thought that now I have a phone with adequate storage (L820 with 64gb SD card), I could start using that for music and podcasts instead of carrying around two devices. It all seemed so simple, got the WP8 desktop app which said it could pull music from existing iTunes libraries ( I don't have a problem with continuing to use this to manage my subscriptions etc as long as it all syncs properly to the phone). Plugged the phone in and it all went south. Some music sync'd, some didn't, no podcasts. Okay so back into the app I go, make sure everything is ticked in the limited options. Manually selected music albums and set to all unplayed podcasts. Sync again. Multiple instances of the same songs appear, some but not all podcasts. Go into the phone in explorer and can see all podcasts on the SD card. Delete everything from the SD card and try again. Same completely random errors.
Gave up and decided to make do with what I had, opened up podcasts through Xbox Music while I was out for a walk and what I could see was in a completely random order! Not by date, not by episode name and I couldn't see the whole title to work out what order I should be listening in! And then when you get to the end of a podcast it doesn't move onto the next one, you have to take your phone out, guess which the next one is and press play. This should be an option, play one or play all in series.
02-04-2013, 10:31 AM #78
- 13 Posts
1. More libraries.
MS should open libraries to developers to use. We want to send videos through whatsapp or line or whatever 3rd party app, we want to be able to download a song directly to our music library, the same thing is right for movies.
2. Messaging integration.
Just imagine how great it was if Skype or whatsapp was integrated into the os. MS can do that, like they do with Facebook chat. And it will be just great. I mean one of the great point of WP is its integration with the system, so come on.
Oh and also let those apps integrate with People app.
3. SD card opened for developers.
I have more to add, but everyone pretty much covered it already, so that's it.
- 02-04-2013, 10:58 AM #79
1. Unable to add/delete lines in a spreadsheet unless I go to web version of office (VERY dumb)
2. Would like a little more customization with notifications please (sounds)
3. Being able to group things on home screen (folder) would probably be good if you have a lot of apps
4. Voice recognition could stand improvement
5. A few times I have tried using the voice recognition for creating a note but the darn thing would always stop before I was done. Time limit?
6. You are MIcrosoft! I expect Office to work better than on any other non-Windows phone. C'Mon Microsoft.
7. Possibly have pull down notification bar have ability to turn off/on BT, WiFi, etc.
I would like to state for the record that although I have a number of things I would like to see improved (as well as others in this thread), I absolutely love my Windows 8 phone and would not trade it for anything. I expect MS to continue to make improvements and thus making my phone better. I am simply contributing my 2 cents to the conversationConnie L - Windows Phone 8 alwaysThanked by:
- 02-04-2013, 11:01 AM #80
I don't have eight things that I want fixed, just one huge one. I already stated this on the main page comments, but I'll repeat it here:
What they REALLY need to do, is connect Windows Phone 8 to Windows 8 and Windows RT better. Just some examples off the top of my head that there is no reason to not do. My web passwords (and bookmarks) that are synced in Windows 8 and Windows RT need to sync to the phone. Text messages should show in the tablet/PC messaging app (a la webOS), and I should be able to tap on a phone number on the tablet and have it dial on the phone. Game saves (other than Skulls of the Shogun) need to be synced between devices. If I set up an email account on my tablet, it should also show up on my phone, without having to re-set it up a second time.
The list goes on and on. Right now, Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 are two entirely separate products that pull from the same pool of data (ie, Google Reader apps both pull from Google Reader, my email is connected separately on each device to the same EAS server, my devices are both separately connected to Skydrive), but what really needs to happen is that Microsoft needs the devices to feel cohesive, like each is an extension of the other. That would allow Windows Phone 8 to grow symbiotically as sales of Windows 8 products ramp up over the next few years. Instead, there's little incentive for a user to be entirely in the Microsoft ecosystem.
- 02-04-2013, 11:09 AM #82
I am currently running a Windows 8 desktop and Windows 8 Phone and have not had to many problems that way. I can't comment as to the whole gaming thing as I don't do to much of that. As for everything else, it all seems to work flawlessly:
1. Pictures upload to Skydrive automatically so I get to them on either device
2. Music purchased on the phone downloads to my computer
3. Notes made in OneNote sync back and forth flawlessly
4. All document changes will update automatically once I go into the app and it asks my permission
5. All PIM (calendar/contacts/email/To Do's) syncs flawlesslyConnie L - Windows Phone 8 always
- 02-04-2013, 11:23 AM #83
1.Notification Center (LEDs to show a notification is in)
4.'X' to Close Apps
5.Better Xbox Gaming
7.Independent volume and profiles (yes, this sucks listening to music then your ringer is all the way down too)
8.Fix Xbox Music and Video (ability to sink to the old zune software, to confusting trying to connect with xbox music) (select all function, having to select one song at a time) (play all, not sure if I have figured out how to play all)
02-04-2013, 12:22 PM #84
- 3 Posts
I love my 8X and decided to try it for a month to see if I can live with the shortcomings. Personally, I don't care about games and really don't need that many apps. I'm not the one that's going to complain about no instagram, or angry birds.
For me the few things that are fundamentally broken and I can't do without are:
Google maps - i know gmaps is there, but I would prefer a native solution. I don't mind the bing maps or whatever, but Transit directions with timetables are a must have for me. I don't own a car and I live in NYC. Nokia drive is there now, but I don't drive. If I did, I'd just carry a dedicated GPS anyway.
Heck, Bing Maps has transit maps on their website, I don't see why the app doesn't have this. I depend on transit directions multiple times a day to get around.
PDF Reader - Ok, to deal with the maps solution, I know I can read a map and timetable using a pdf reader, but the PDF reader for WP8 is broken and you can't open pretty much anything. Try opening a NYC subway map. If you get a pdf of a restaurant menu to open, try getting rid of the file from your phone. You cannot. For so much focus on office functionality, it's a shame that PDF is so broken.
The few NYC subway and transit apps in the store are okay, but look like garbage or scaled for lower resolutions. I haven't tried any of the paid apps yet.
02-04-2013, 12:36 PM #86
- 336 Posts
It's nice that Joe Belfiore indicated that people are listening to these (and I've gotten that impression in talking to other people I've run into that work at Microsoft on the Windows Phone team), but in addition to all the issues that have been mentioned here, it would be really nice to get a bit more transparency on what's going on and what's planned for the future.
It seems like a lot of stuff got put on hold with the jump to the NT kernel for WP8 and it would be nice to know what's going on with that.
02-04-2013, 02:58 PM #88
- 103 Posts
Better keyboard the buttons are just to small, although the prediction is good still always typing errors, give us a 12 key keypad, there are chinese, Japanese and Korean ones you can download, but not English.
Make the keys bigger!
Two people I know complain about the small keys, and in landscape they don't even utilise the full width of the screen.
More customisation for background colour, light and dark is not enough.
Better cut copy and paste functions
Ability for the app list to have rows, with lots of apps installed one single List view can make it harder and longer to find stuff. And have the ability to disable the alphabetical list.
Internet explorer 10 is fast but the browser has very poor customisation and options
I have migrated from android , so it is a bit if a culture shock, but so far impressed , fix these things and will make the platform more attractive
Sent from my N70 using Tapatalk HD
- 02-04-2013, 04:18 PM #89
Please for the love of god no X's. I prefer the Windows 8 gesture of dragging down to close apps!Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT
- 02-04-2013, 07:11 PM #90Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT
02-04-2013, 07:41 PM #91
- 5 Posts
1. Facebook notifications. I have a hard time recommending this phone because of this. I'd like to get FB messages in the messages app but can't figure out how to do this without being online all the time. And FB app notifications are super unreliable. Me tile doesn't show all things and updates only every 30 minutes with no toast or lock screen details. Let it show everything the notifications list on Facebook shows and let us display this on the lock screen.
2. People app. Listen,Facebook is super important to people. Let us see who "likes" things. Let us like comments. Let us view friends of friends and search FB. Lets us share articles. For the photo app, let us upload to specific albums. If we can't use the built in apps for all the basic functions, they are essentially useless. Unfortunately the FB app suck, too.
3. Live tiles stop working. Sometimes they just don't work and I have to go fiddle with background tasks (they just randomly disable themselves....?) or options in the app. Try explaining this to girlfriends and moms and....anyone really. They need to just work.
All I got for now.
- 02-04-2013, 08:17 PM #92
02-05-2013, 03:45 AM #94
- 10 Posts
Forgive me, but I wrote many, many words about what I feel is "missing". Sorry for the title, but here it is: Windows Phone Sucks (There are specific links in there to point out issues with IE, Xbox Music/Video, etc.).
I also wrote what features would make WP8 even more awesome. Windows Phone 8: What Would Make It More Awesome?
- 02-05-2013, 08:29 AM #98Microsoft does not read these Forums. Please go to the Windows Phone Suggestion Site and make your voice be heard.
- 02-05-2013, 11:31 AM #99
- Alarms - be able to create your own alarms & notification sounds (like Android).
- Lock screen - put live tiles and shortcuts on lock screen.
- Lock screen - add the ability to unlock via a pattern (like Android, IPhone).
- Live Tiles - add my own custom colors, and enable transparency (so I can see the background).
- Wallpaper - set Home screen wall paper, use live wall papers (papers that have movement (like in Android)).
- Alarm - should have options to disable/mute all notifications except incoming call.
- App store/music store - integrate both into 1 (buying music takes you to a separate site wich works horrible (can't download your songs more than once, downloads fail (but you get charged), etc.).
02-05-2013, 01:07 PM #100
- 73 Posts
"Other" Storage Woes
I want my 8gigs back..... "other" category taking alot of memory
what is up witht the OTHER STORAGE... please help me gain some space back!!!
- By rakeshrai in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 13Last Post: 10-31-2012, 03:08 PM
- By praveen gadipelly in forum Developers CornerReplies: 4Last Post: 07-06-2012, 03:32 AM
- By elderjlward in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 12-03-2011, 01:58 AM
- By Bearach in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 10-04-2011, 06:15 PM
- By Winterfang in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 35Last Post: 05-24-2011, 02:08 PM