Music App Live Tile Photo

ebhanson12

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm new to the forum but I'm a early Windows Phone adaptor.
I'm an original Samsung Focus owner and I just received my yellow Lumia 920. The Lumia 920 is a very impressive phone but I'm curious about the Windows Phone 8 music app live tile.
The Zune tile in Windows Phone 7, after playing music, would update the live tile with an artist photo and the Zune live tile would keep displaying the artist photo even after stopping the Zune app. I always thought that was cool since it added personality to my phone. So far I?ve noticed that the WP8 music app updates the live tile only when I'm listening to music and then reverts back to the green colored music tile after I stop playing music. A small annoyance, but personalization is a strength of the Windows Phone OS. Is this an intentional difference between WP7 and WP8, or a bug? Is there a way to keep the artist photo displayed after I stop the music player?
Thanks
Eric

Last edited:

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Microsoft changed the behavior of that tile as well as the lock screen controls in response to some complaints here, uservoice as well as twitter and their answers site.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3