Skype is supposed to automatically run in the background.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't for me. Microsoft said during their WP8 launch event that Skype would run in the background so you don't have to have the app open to receive a video call. I tried doing just that, and it didn't work! What gives?!

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Works for me, whenever someone calls I receive it as if it were a normal phone call, just like the Gwen Stefani 8X commercial.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
can't wait... I'm like 75% success rate with toast notifications for messenger on skype.... works for a while then stops for no apparent reason. Sometimes starts back up but seems to need a uninstall and reinstall to get working fully again but haven't done it enough times to really know...

LazySunday

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Somehow Skype is working flawlessly for me... I'm always connected ( Well, there is no way you can log off from Skype in Beta once you installed on your phone) at work and home on wifi and data while driving... In fact it integrates pretty well with my car bluetooth system. I get the skype call as a regular phone call on my car speakers... Moreover, I'm not having any battery issues as the latest beta doesn't integrate the skype contacts with phone contacts which was the cause for earlier complaints of battery drain.

I understand that it is still in beta, but it is so far working flawlessly for me... Yes many features need to be added on it. Let's hope that the final version is deeply integrated as MS promised last year. The moment it happens I'm gonna get rid of whatsapp..

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I have skype linked to my MS acccount and skype calls come in as a normal phone call. Haven't opened Skype in a month but got a skype call yesterday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire