Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree36Likes

Had a thought. How about press windows button and then slide up, opening the notification centre from the bottom of the screen. This way you never actually exit the current app. At the minute this gesture doesn't do anything, except vibrating before cancelling going to the start screen.

Might not be as intuitive as some but any new gesture would need to be learned.
    James8561 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom At Last View Post
    One swipe from the top can bring the notification screen while keeping the same icons.
    It's either that or long pressing the Start button for me.
    long pressing the Start button is for speech recognition and voice commands.
    also, some apps already used the left swipe. such as in weave, when you are in an article, you can swipe from the left edge to back to the news list rather than pressing the <- key.
    long pressing the search button could work :]

Quote Originally Posted by James8561 View Post
    long pressing the Start button is for speech recognition and voice commands.
    also, some apps already used the left swipe. such as in weave, when you are in an article, you can swipe from the left edge to back to the news list rather than pressing the <- key.
    long pressing the search button could work :]
    Move the speech recognition and voice command to the Search button, it makes more sense that way and free the Start button for the Notification Center.
    I still feel a pull down menu works best, something like what the Ubuntu phone has would be amazing.
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom At Last View Post
    Move the speech recognition and voice command to the Search button, it makes more sense that way and free the Start button for the Notification Center.
    I still feel a pull down menu works best, something like what the Ubuntu phone has would be amazing.
    Swipe left to right like blackberry 10 would work better, but I guess they read these forums more than Microsoft because I and others recommended that since the OS release, or maybe even before.

Not having a notification cache means I'll not even consider going back. It's too important. Tiles will never (ever) replace a really notification cache no matter how badly Microsoft or some posters want them to. They are glorified android widgets, nothing more.

That is not good enough for people that actually care about push notifications and efficiently accessing and triaging them.

Sent from my AT&T Skyrocket using Tapatalk 2.
    James8561 likes this.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234