Windows 8 apps that don't have Windows Phone 8 counterparts request links

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
First off, this is not meant to be a let's all bash Windows Phone thread. This is meant to be used to constructively support our platform. A lot of people are upset about missing apps and that's understandable. This thread is meant to hopefully shine some light on some of the apps that developers should have an easier time porting and to form a community that can bring that to light for the developers.

I am not a developer and I do not know all the ins and outs of creating apps. Microsoft said it is easy to take a Windows 8 app and create a Windows Phone app from it. Is there anyone out there that knows how much effort this really takes? Because if it doesn't take much effort I think we should target developers who have already created Windows 8 apps with requests for WP8 apps if they don't yet have one.

Two examples I can think of and would use often are:

Stumbleupon and Comixology.

We could use this thread to organize a set of links to easily send requests and inquiries about these apps and hopefully show a flood of support that may help motivate developers.

This doesn't even have to be strictly Windows 8 apps that need converting. It just might be nice to state whether we're aware of a Windows 8 app so we can explain how easy it should be to create the app in our requests.

I'll work on gathering links to stumbleupon and comixology's support and getsatisfaction type pages.

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Here is the comixology contact us page. Just write a short message telling them you want a windows phone app and show some support if you're interested. Contact Us - Comics by comiXology

Here's a place to support Stumbleupon for windows phone. I'm sure most of you know what stumbleupon is, but for those that don't it's a social network that helps ou discover new webpages and articles based on your interests and it can be incredibly addiciting. Show your Windows Phone support for stumbleupon at the following links.

Stumbleupon get satisfaction:

https://getsatisfaction.com/stumble..._stumbleupon_be_available_for_windows_phone_8

Stumbleupon contact us:

StumbleUpon | Email Us

The stumbleupon contact us requires a stumbleupon account. However, I feel that even if we aren't personally interested in each other's suggestions it can only help our platform to show support for the apps other people desire and to push these developers into realizing there is a market. That said to show support for stumbleupon without an account use the get satisfaction link.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb