Do,you,keep,hitting,comma,instead,of,space?

Steephill

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I only did when I installed a keyboard for another language, after I uninstalled it I didnt have the problem. Occasionally I hit b instead of space, but autocorrect usually figures that out. I can type just fine, and pretty fast, on the wp8 keyboard.

R42

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
IvkeepvhittingvVvinsteadvitvisvrathervannoying

lol
I hate it when i hit v. I miss out on the space bar

xWisp

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I type even better on the wp8 keyboard than I do on my iPhone and thats really fast. With very few errors. It might just be the nice big screen on my lumia 920 but overall I find it amazing.

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
In many phones, yeah I'm very used to a physical keyboard and this is my second virtual keyboard after the Nokia Asha 309 but I've been doing fine except as mentioned, I always keep hitting comma and the letter b or v instead of space. Wouldn't mind if I only text in English because the autocorrect works great! Just that I also text in Malay and the Malay autocorrect didn't work great, ended up having to shut off any word suggestions and I have to type manually... It is quite irritating sometimes but it's just the case of learning to type all over again.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I love the WP8 keyboard but I learned virtual on WP7. I imagine all of the mobile OSes have slightly different keyboards and it will take some getting used to when you switch.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hahaha. I always hit b or v or n instead of space. I have to be super conscious of it while typing and slow down my fingers :|

Coming from bbs and this is my first touch phone so... Slight learning curve

DarthVeda

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
this is was an (is) issue when you have two languages installed and keyboard adds the additional key to switch the language thus reducing the SPACE button width. Annoyed the **** out of me, uninstalled the other language and it is back to normal now.

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I used to make that same mistake with my HTC Trophy, but since the Lumia 822's screen is much larger I can type faster with less errors! But for typos, I rely on the autocorrect. It's so much better than the autocorrect that I used in android, and that's why I hate it when apps disable the correction.

absonj

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Oh yea! Especially getting so used to Swype! But, I'm getting better. Now its a cross between that and the 'n'!
Sent from my wicked sexy HTC 8X windows phone using Board Express

digaos

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
When I got my Lumia 920 I was hitting comma instead of space about 80% of the time :). After a while it got better, although I still hit it occasionally. I switched from an iPhone and, as others mentioned, the position of space bar is slightly different, so I had to police myself to touch a little more to the left. I tried using the left thumb, but that didn't work very well.

Overall I really like the keyboard, though. When I looked at it the first time I thought it would be a pain to get used to it, but it was much easier than I expected.

Mattias Hogkvist

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm slowly getting better at avoiding the comma, but it usually shows up at least once every sentence.
Wouldn't mind an autocorrect option where if there's only a comma,and no space between two letters it's changed to,a space.

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes and it is very annoying. I have two languages installed, and as I use both all the time I cannot go down to just one.

If I could configure the keyboard I would take out the smiley key, which I hardly use, in favour of expanding the space key.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon