Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    I went from iPhone to HTC 8x, and whenever I'm typing I keep hitting comma instead of space. How do you like the wp8 keyboard?

I only did when I installed a keyboard for another language, after I uninstalled it I didnt have the problem. Occasionally I hit b instead of space, but autocorrect usually figures that out. I can type just fine, and pretty fast, on the wp8 keyboard.

My first touch screen phone and I have the same problem. All about learning how to type again.
  4. R42

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    IvkeepvhittingvVvinsteadvitvisvrathervannoying

lol
    I hate it when i hit v. I miss out on the space bar

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I type even better on the wp8 keyboard than I do on my iPhone and thats really fast. With very few errors. It might just be the nice big screen on my lumia 920 but overall I find it amazing.
    In many phones, yeah I'm very used to a physical keyboard and this is my second virtual keyboard after the Nokia Asha 309 but I've been doing fine except as mentioned, I always keep hitting comma and the letter b or v instead of space. Wouldn't mind if I only text in English because the autocorrect works great! Just that I also text in Malay and the Malay autocorrect didn't work great, ended up having to shut off any word suggestions and I have to type manually... It is quite irritating sometimes but it's just the case of learning to type all over again.
    Nokia Lumia 620 - White

I love the WP8 keyboard but I learned virtual on WP7. I imagine all of the mobile OSes have slightly different keyboards and it will take some getting used to when you switch.

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    Hahaha. I always hit b or v or n instead of space. I have to be super conscious of it while typing and slow down my fingers :|

Coming from bbs and this is my first touch phone so... Slight learning curve

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    this is was an (is) issue when you have two languages installed and keyboard adds the additional key to switch the language thus reducing the SPACE button width. Annoyed the **** out of me, uninstalled the other language and it is back to normal now.
    Developer

Global Posts
    835 Global Posts
    I used to make that same mistake with my HTC Trophy, but since the Lumia 822's screen is much larger I can type faster with less errors! But for typos, I rely on the autocorrect. It's so much better than the autocorrect that I used in android, and that's why I hate it when apps disable the correction.

Oh yea! Especially getting so used to Swype! But, I'm getting better. Now its a cross between that and the 'n'!
    Sent from my wicked sexy HTC 8X windows phone using Board Express

@OP Yeah, for people who use their right thumb, this is a problem.

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Yes, I always hit comma, v, or b! But overall, I love the WP8 keyboard. :)

When I got my Lumia 920 I was hitting comma instead of space about 80% of the time :-). After a while it got better, although I still hit it occasionally. I switched from an iPhone and, as others mentioned, the position of space bar is slightly different, so I had to police myself to touch a little more to the left. I tried using the left thumb, but that didn't work very well.

Overall I really like the keyboard, though. When I looked at it the first time I thought it would be a pain to get used to it, but it was much easier than I expected.
    I'm slowly getting better at avoiding the comma, but it usually shows up at least once every sentence.
    Wouldn't mind an autocorrect option where if there's only a comma,and no space between two letters it's changed to,a space.
    Joe920 likes this.

I hit full stop all the time maybe as I am a leftie

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Yes and it annoys the **** out of me. I prefered the WP7.5 keyboard layout.

Global Posts
    1,178 Global Posts
    I think if you go down to just one language it goes back. Worked for me.

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Used to on my previous Lumia 820. But after changing to HTC's 8X, it stopped happening :)

Yes and it is very annoying. I have two languages installed, and as I use both all the time I cannot go down to just one.

If I could configure the keyboard I would take out the smiley key, which I hardly use, in favour of expanding the space key.
    Thanked by:
    Joe920 likes this.

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Haha, found this thread because I wasn't having the problem until I installed another language in my keyboard the other day. Really disappointed as I want to write in Spanish sometimes :( But hitting the comma is so annoying. I was already hitting b and v as it was :(

Yep, super annoying. As suggested above, a simple (optional) autocorrect rule would easily fix this. I never need to type letter comma letter, so I'd definitely activate that rule. And I'd also be willing to give up on the 'smiley key'.

Any active twitter users that can tweet at Joe Belfiore?

"Love,WP8,but,we,need,a,new,autocorrect,option. These,commas,are,getting,in,the,way!"
    Thanked by:
    chenhogi and asna_n800 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe920 View Post
    Any active twitter users that can tweet at Joe Belfiore?

"Love,WP8,but,we,need,a,new,autocorrect,option. These,commas,are,getting,in,the,way!"
    Haha, great idea, going to tweet him now.

Same for me, I usually hit V or B rather than comma!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast