Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    LOL... is it too much to ask that these guys come up with their own ideas. I am beginning to wonder if any company on that entire continent that is even capable of authentic creativity.

HTC's funky Android smartphone with a Windows Phone-like interface, courtesy of Japan (Video) | Windows Phone Daily

HTC only manufactures the device. They did not do any of the software work or hardware design. That was all designed by a Japanese man by the name of Naoto Fukasawa.

Global Posts
    793 Global Posts
    Those animations are pretty sweet. I especially like how it looks when you scroll through and the tiles become more like bubbles.

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Those animations are puke-inducing. Ugh. Thank God WP doesn't have all that crap. The entire point of the WP UI is clean lines, simplicity, and functionality.
    --------------
    Lloyd
    Lumia 1520, 1020, 920, 820, 810, 625, 620, and 520
    iPhone 4s, Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    7,539 Global Posts
    Yeah, I think a special taste is required to like that... it makes me a little seasick to look at this phone in use, and I never get seasick ;-)
    Last edited by Chregu; 02-04-2013 at 02:22 PM.

Global Posts
    1,059 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AccentAE86 View Post
    Those animations are puke-inducing. Ugh. Thank God WP doesn't have all that crap. The entire point of the WP UI is clean lines, simplicity, and functionality.
    Heaven forfend the notion that someone might want something different! Or new. Or interesting. And it's Android. If you don't like it, install any one of the dozens of launchers that let you tweak to your heart's content.

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tekhna View Post
    Heaven forfend the notion that someone might want something different! Or new. Or interesting. And it's Android. If you don't like it, install any one of the dozens of launchers that let you tweak to your heart's content.
    you don't see the irony of this? The whole point the OP makes is that this launcher has taken many of its design cues from windows phone. But it polluted it with such ridiculous animations. Why copy such a clean simple UI only to puke all over it? And that's fine that people want something different, but I am still entitled to my opinion that its awful. Its not like I said it should be banned or anything. I could care less if people love it, let them love it and buy it in droves. Regardless, I still hate it.
    --------------
    Lloyd
    Lumia 1520, 1020, 920, 820, 810, 625, 620, and 520
    iPhone 4s, Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
    Ugliest home screen ever.