iPhone to Windows Phone

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I've got our sales force on Windows Phone 7 last year and I've convinced our accountant to get a new Windows Phone 8. Now, our office manager and one other manager are considering a Windows Phone 8. They are currently on an iPhone. Their first question was how to move saved or old texts over to the Windows Phone. Good question because I am not sure.

Second, I assume the best way to get contacts off is to sync with iTunes/Outlook, save the contacts and then go to Outlook.com and import them into the Microsoft Account, correct?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
1) You can't. You can't import texts at all between any OS's. You couldn't even import WP7 to WP8.

2) You would assume correctly. I do not understand why ANYONE would save contacts to their phone anymore. That is just asking for useless repetition. Save the contacts to your email account (like Outlook) and then whenever you sync your Outlook it will automatically pull in all of your contacts no matter what phone you are using.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
1) You can't. You can't import texts at all between any OS's. You couldn't even import WP7 to WP8.

2) You would assume correctly. I do not understand why ANYONE would save contacts to their phone anymore. That is just asking for useless repetition. Save the contacts to your email account (like Outlook) and then whenever you sync your Outlook it will automatically pull in all of your contacts no matter what phone you are using.

No, we are planning on using Outlook.com (Microsoft Account)...we were just importing them from iTunes into Outlook and then out to a file for Outlook.com. I just didn't know any other way to get them off the iPhone to a Microsoft Account.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've read about apps which will dump out your text messages from your iPhone, but all that does is give you a local copy and it won't import it into your WP. That might be the best you can get.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad