windows 8 call filter app

vicky2001

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm planning to buy windows 8 mobile. Need to clarify one thing, is there app available to control calls, like in android I've app in which I've options to receive calls only from contacts, or can block certain numbers or can have call only from selected numbers like that. I need this type of functionality. Let me know if it is possible in windows 8 mobile too.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
There's an application for that. Let me see if I can find it searching for you.

Addendum: The one I was thinking of says it's for Win7 phones. I am not sure if it would work with Win8, you'd have to email them and ask. Here's the link:
http://www.truecaller.com/ There may be other call blockers in the Windows store.

Garghas

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Thats one of the upsides of having an Ativ S. Samsung gave us all those options from stock.
On the Settings menu we have a sub menu with call blocking, both from contacts or from numbers we decide to enter, as well as SMS and MMS blockings. We can have haptic feedback from the soft keys and some other cool features that were not available on my old HTC 8X.
I know Samsung isnt focusing on WP8 like Nokia is for obvious reasons, but Ativ S does have some cool exclusive features, and they have been updating many of their WP apps.

vicky2001

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Thats one of the upsides of having an Ativ S. Samsung gave us all those options from stock.
On the Settings menu we have a sub menu with call blocking, both from contacts or from numbers we decide to enter, as well as SMS and MMS blockings.

Is it also possible to get calls only from contacts or from selected numbers by it ?

aicon

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Ouch! RTFM!

I have an ATIV S and didn't know it had this functionality. Just what I needed (last weekend) :( Thanks, Garghas

Can't find any settings to 'Block All' or allow only certain numbers/contacts though...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon