8 reason why wp7.8 is better than wp8- pocketnow

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
It is food for thought. Just shows how much WP8 is a work in progress. I truly feel with all the choices out there, WP 8.1 will truly need to show maturity and a fix for some of these shortcomings.

By the way- #1 is my biggest regret. The intergration with the Zune player made for a nice hub to make things work and intergrate the device. Synching to the cloud just ain't the same.

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Syncing to the Cloud might be a very good option if Microsoft did implement it right - like how iTunes Match is implemented. When clicking on a song on iPhone, the song will be automatically downloaded from iTunes Match, well in Windows Phone when clicking on a song in Cloud Collection, it will start streaming the song - next time clicking it, streaming again (of course we can download it, but we cannot listen to the version being downloaded, we need to stream it at the same time). iPhone can create playlists very easy on the go, and have it syncs automatically to all the computers and iDevices. In windows phone you cannot edit any thing in the cloud collection, and the playlists that we take great pains to create will not be synced to the cloud collection. It's not the cloud that is bad, it's the stupid xbox music - it's a whole disaster, every aspect of it is a disaster.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, but for all of those things (most of which are trivial), you can find multiple things that WP8 has over 7.8. For starters, we have HD displays available. We have NFC. We have wireless charging. We have multi-core processors. The coding options are allegedly more flexible as a whole, especially between Microsoft platforms (WP8/W8/WRT/XBLA). All of the MAJOR things are really in WP8's favor, unless you REALLY wanted the Zune desktop client, which I would have used only for syncing music (something that I have no issues with on W8 and its Windows Phone app).

Marcos Hidalgo

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Must say I kinda agree with the article, specially Zune sync and the fm radio. I really miss my Zune!!!
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Wow alot of good points, MS needs to fix these issues and fast. They've been very quiet lately I hope they come out with a bang at wmc.

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, but for all of those things (most of which are trivial), you can find multiple things that WP8 has over 7.8. For starters, we have HD displays available. We have NFC. We have wireless charging. We have multi-core processors. The coding options are allegedly more flexible as a whole, especially between Microsoft platforms (WP8/W8/WRT/XBLA). All of the MAJOR things are really in WP8's favor, unless you REALLY wanted the Zune desktop client, which I would have used only for syncing music (something that I have no issues with on W8 and its Windows Phone app).
disagree. Xbox video is not a trivia feature, it's one of our already limited video experiences. Xbox music is not a trivia feature, why we cannot enjoy multimedia on our phones? HD is good, but NFC on WP is frankly quite useless, and Wireless charging has nothing to do with WP the OS.

Ludwig1976

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, but for all of those things (most of which are trivial), you can find multiple things that WP8 has over 7.8.

That should be normal.. 7.8 < 8!! The very annoying point is WP7.8 is still better then WP8 under some aspects.
That confirms me that MS has start same WM path..
We'll see some basic features (I mean those features that iOS, Android, etc. have *TODAY*) at least in WP11.

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
That should be normal.. 7.8 < 8!! The very annoying point is WP7.8 is still better then WP8 under some aspects.
We'll see some basic features (I mean those features that iOS, Android, etc. have *TODAY*) at least in WP11.
if they cannot fix Xbox music before end of year, I will leave windows phone to get an iPhone.... I guess most people will not wait for wp11.

Ludwig1976

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
if they cannot fix Xbox music before end of year, I will leave windows phone to get an iPhone.... I guess most people will not wait for wp11.

Mee too, but few people gets information about a platform before buying.. Lumia x20 phones, are beautiful and WP has a great looking..
So MS is betting on cyclic customers exchange: one leave WP platform, one comes in.
No need to fast add basic features.. Au contraire: we'll see SMAAAAAALL steps forwards..

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
See it that way guy: If Microsoft continues like this, iOS and Android will be even more of a step up, when we renew our contracts ;-)

I really hope, they will start adding features now. I understand they had limited resources because they were copying WP7 to the NT kernel for the last two years, but now there should really something happen.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

nah... With that attitude you should be saying they won't come until WP999999999999 (if ever). I however am expecting them to arrive before then. I have plenty time to wait. I'm an Xbox user with zero interest in PlayStation. I also prefer ecosystems as a whole. So I'm sticking with WP as the iPhone feels stale to me. The WP interface, while almost universally hated by my friends, feels really nice and clean to me.

Ludwig1976

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
nah... With that attitude you should be saying they won't come until WP999999999999 (if ever). I however am expecting them to arrive before then.

Indeed, probably we'll never see a lot of features we are daily discussing about, implemented in WP.
For example: customizing reminder and sms tone is a 2 years old high requested feature. Same for different media/ringtones volume.

Almost 90% of what we are considering issues, is just a design choice. In WP12-13, you'll finally get what you had in WM6.5.
At that point, MS we'll release another OS brand (with a lot less features then WP13) and the story will start again.

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes, this reminds me of when WP7 was first released. It was NOT an upgrade for my WM6.5 device and so I passed until WP7.5. Same goes here. It is unbelievable that the phone can't play a WAV file. Every Microsoft OS since the 80s could play WAV files, but not WP8?

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

I'd disagree. Honestly if 7.8 had been out, I probably would've skipped out on the Lumia 920 and just stuck with my 900. The music and sync experience with WP8 has been bad enough for me to to be open to jumping platforms at the end of my contract (****, I've already had to go back to using iTunes now because of the desktop sync app)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3