Anyone have voice text send without saying send?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I posted in another thread of a tragic text voice assisted dictation interpretation followed by the text getting sent without the "send" command. So as to not get this posting locked also I won't go into what it said but at least it wasn't a text to my mother.

It also got me thinking as to what people are voice assist texting each other and what kind of algorithms Microsoft must be using to fine tune speech interpretation?

Anyway, has anyone had the voice assist go haywire and send texts without saying "send".

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had that happen, but back when Mango was still developers only, I was texting the music leader at my church, a young woman almost 20 years younger than me. I said something, and it read back something totally different, which included, "hey, Baby.." and the rest was stuff that didn't make sense and wasn't what I said. I grabbed the phone off the table in a near-panic to read what it said, and in doing so I hit the send button! That was embarrassing!

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, what I said wasn't anything like what came out. I just froze for a moment in disbelief an didn't say anything. Just as I was about to say "try again" it went back to home screen like it does after a send. I was driving at the time so I pulled off the road so that I could quickly fix the situation by hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss